Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Advice Needed


OK so for those you that know me know that I am not that great of a cook. One of the parts I hate most about cooking is thinking about what to cook. I am lucky that I am married to someone that enjoys cooking and is a whole lot better at it than I am or we would be in trouble. So here is where I need the advice. Not only do I have to think about what to make Trav and I for dinner but now Boston. Seriously he will eat anything. He is SO done with the whole baby food thing so I am looking for ideas of things that I could make for him becasue he isn't quit ready for our meals (I am sure he thinks differently but o well). I don't want to have to prepare two meals and he only has two teeth so it still has to be kinda soft. So my question is what are/were some of the things that you have fed your kids/niece/nephew/grandkids whoever that was easy and healthy.

Here are some things he loves
* Cheese
* Bread
* Cereal
* Vegetables (I buy the huge bags from costco and he just goes at them.)
* Cheese quesadillas with turkey in it
* Chicken
* Spaghetti
* Fruit loves Kiwi's

Lots more. He loves to feed himself as well so I guess ideas of something that can be broken down too. Thanks for your help!

P.S. The pictures have nothing to do with the post he is just cute and I like reading better when posts have pictures. So I guess they are for your enjoyment. Don't you love his face in the first one he looks like he just discovered gold.

6 comments:

Karissa Kay said...

First of all, Boston is the best dresser! He's so cute! I don't have too much advice but Kate isn't that much older than Boston and some of the things she eats a lot for dinner are chicken nuggets, pasta (they buy the little microwaveable chef boyardee pasta cups and she loves them), deli meat, and whenever her parents make chicken or pork they always cut up a bunch of tiny pieces for her and keep them in tupperware for later. She has a few more teeth than Boston so he might not be ready for some of this stuff. Just some ideas! Oh, she LOVES corn on the cob. Plus, that's way funny to watch her eat.

tiffany said...

could he be any cuter? I don't think so! He's adorable! I love him! I'm sorry that I don't have any advice to lend. Give me a few months!!? I'll have to check with you though when the time comes! I can't believe how big he is! I love it!

Lynlee Price said...

I can't stand it, he is so stink n' cute!! I just want to squeeze him! I wish I could help you out in the baby food department. I do have some super fast and easy recipes for big people though that are super good. I'm kind of thinking of starting a recipe blog.

P.s. I can't remember if I asked you this before or not but will you send another invite to lynleeprice@gmail.com. Your blog is the only blog I have to sign out of my account and then sign into my old account. Hope that makes sense. :)

McKenna said...

I work at a daycare and some of the things the parents give their kids are really simple but nutritous.

-A common one is rice. Just add a little bit of vegtable broth and curry for flavor then mix with corn or peas.
-boiled carrots cut up small.
-Yogurt, of course.
-noodles and cheese. You don't even have to buy the boxed mac and cheese. Most parents pack noodles with shredded cheese and tiny bit of milk on top and then heat it in the microwave.
-Beans (alone or with rice)
-boiled potatoes cut up small

That's all I can think of right now. I'll keep an eye out and see what the kids bring in tomorrow.

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

very cute pics...can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving. Sydney is sure to give him plenty of kisses! Okay...so every child is different but here is a list of some things I remember Sydney loving.
...banana pancakes, grilled cheese with soft white bread is easier on gums, mashed sweet/regular potatoes, scrambled eggs with cheese, oatmeal (low sugar packets), applesauce, frozen gogurts can be fun for teething time (supervise closely)....that's all I can think of now....love,em*

Kelly and Jill Burk said...

OK so the above are excellent suggestions. It sounds like you have the food ideas down. Now go to Target, Pottery Barn, or better yet Baby Cie for baby food trays. They look like cafateria trays but much cuter and separates the food out for kids. Here is one I found that is so cute: http://store.babycenter.com/product/code/9063.do?scid=SSE:GOO&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=210580

Chloe & Porter have them and Chloe just loves her food "displayed" on her tray. I think it makes it more fun to eat. Good luck Teresa and just have fun trying knew things with Boston.