Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bye Bye Binky

I have put this day off for so long. I was having a hard time wanting to get rid of binky. Besides snuggly this is the only thing that Boston has ever been attached to. He didn't care to nurse after 5.5 months, no more bottles at 11 months, and you could say goodbye to rocking him to sleep around 6 months. So for me this was hard because it was the only baby thing left and he REALLY REALLY liked. Since he was 18 months he has only had it for naps and bedtime. Which leads me to my next point. He is a really good sleeper and I didn't want to say goodbye to that either.
 
Well much to our surprise he did AMAZING. Like I said we kept putting this off for one reason or another and one day at nap time I decided it was time. Probably not the best idea to do it at nap time, but it worked. I snipped off the top and gave it to him. He kept saying "O no binky broken" and asked Trav to fix which made me really sad. His expression was hilarious when I gave him his "broken" binky. He had to look of "what in the world happened to my binky". I let him go down with his broken one and after twenty minutes of talking to himself he went to sleep for two hours. Not a tear was shed. Same thing at bedtime. I couldn't believe it. He has only cried once and to be honest I wanted to cry too. For a couple days his naps were shorter, but it didn't take long before they were back to three hours. Just one more thing that makes my baby not so much of a baby anymore and it kills me. Is he really almost two? When did this happen? As for now he spends his days like this. Inside Mac organizing his cars. He lined them up like that with no help. He has always been a sorter. If you look close all the same kind of cars are together. He even has all the McQueen's next to eachother. Enjoy this movie that is mostly for Family. He is a pretty smart guy and somehow knows how to count. He can count to 15. In this clip he only does 10. I don't really know where he learned it. He has toys that count to ten so where the 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15 came from I have no idea.

7 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

i'm happy to hear that the binky thing wasn't so bad. i'm dreading the day we do it too but am hoping to get it done before she goes into nursery....we'll see :) i love his 'cars' love. it's so cute!

Nate and Lynlee said...

Bye Bye Boston's Binky! I don't know why, but I feel a little sad right now! :(

P.S. I LOVE the house! I can't wait to see it finished!

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

I had no idea Bo Bo was such an organized little guy when it came to his cars....can he teach Sydney a bit about that? She still enjoys dumping bins of toys out and making the loudest noises possible with anything she plays with. I'd also appreciate Boston giving my kids a course in Napping 101. I'm absolutely in awe of the 3 hour naps. Seriously...it's amazing!

Craig Wilson said...

Losing the binky makes me sad too, but you were really great at doing it! Great job! I love the cars and lining them up! Cute boy! Love, MOM W.

tiffany said...

You are so brave! I'm proud of you. I can't believe how big he is. I love his cute little face. He's so cute! You two are great little parents! love ya!

Brienne & Kelsey said...

The car sorting is quite impressive Bobo! and the counting too! Miss you so much, especially as my backseat buddy! Love you!

The Probert Family said...

I can't believe you nixed the binki. Way to go. I am sure that was terrifying. I am truly inspired.

P.s. I think you may have a child prodigy on your hands. The car sorting is flawless. Genius? I think so!