Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Update

Carter is doing pretty well today. His oxygen levels have been between 32-45. Dr. Santiago said they usually do really well the first couple hours after surgery and then everything starts to settle in. The next couple days will be pretty rough on Carter. We are anxious to have them behind us and start moving forward. He had two blood transfusions today and hopefully wont need them anymore. The nurses said they wouldn't be surprised if he was able to start eating again tomorrow since he has been pretty stable. I don't know if I mentioned or not that last week he had his big head scan and they found that he had a level two brain bleed. He had another scan today to check on it and there was kinda a mixed report that is might have spread a little on the right side, but then the other end of the report said that it looked as though it was improving. Needless to say we are anxious for next weeks report to find out what is going on.

I got my tube taken out today. Weirdest/sickest feeling ever. Boston is so excited that Mommies owies are all gone and that I can run fast now. I am just excited to finally be able to take a bath again and relax.

4 comments:

Craig Wilson said...

Hey Teresa - It's Tara. I love you so much! We pray for you every prayer. So many thankful prayers too. I hope you can take that bath again and relax for a few minutes.

Britanee Walker said...

Yay for Carter! hope he can eat soon & that the brain bleed is improving instead of moving around.

i hope you can take a bath & relax :) hope you're feeling better! love you.

Rene said...

You are a superstar! I hope things continue to improve for all.

Nikki said...

You guys are amazing! We're praying for you all!! PLEASE let me know if you need anything or help with Boston, I don't live that far!!