Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Birthday Letter

Dear Boston,
I can not believe it has been three years since you became a part of our family. In a way it feels like you always have been, but then it seems almost like just yesterday that I had you. With Carter being in the NICU it brings me back all the time to when we first had you. I remember when you were a week old and I held you for the first time. I cried happy tears and thanked my Heavenly Father over and over again for blessing me with you. I still do that quite often. You are such a special boy and make Mommy and Daddy so happy. At three years old you are quite full of yourself. You are way too smart for your age. A lot of times I forget that are only just three because you are so smart. This is hard for both of us sometimes, because you are smarter than a three year old, but still have three year old emotions and sometimes I think we expect you to be or act older than you should have too.

You are one very funny boy. Lately you have been quoting Toy Story 3 a lot. One night when I was leaving your room after putting you down for the night you said "Mommy don't leave we are all counting on you" I about died. Also if you see a McDonalds while we are driving you always say "I'll have a Diet Coke please" the only person I know that drinks Diet Coke is Grandma D. what is she teaching you ;)

A couple things you love right now are Toy story 3 and Mater Tall Tales. I don't think we have watched anything else since Christmas when you got them. You love any restaurant with a play place. I guess that might have something to do with the craziness that we are calling our life right now and the fact that you eat at chick fila and McDonalds a lot. You LOVE to ride your bike. You absolutely love when Daddy comes home from work and he plays tackle with you. You ask for a "Juice and snack please" about twenty times a day. You would rather snack all day than sit down to eat an actual meal. Animals not real ones, but the ones you sleep with. If someones ever gifts us another stuffed animal I might go crazy. You currently sleep with 3 snugglies, Mickey mouse, Monkey, Baby blue, Daddy Blue, Shamoo, Macaroni penguin,and your pillow pet. It's quite the party in your bed. I have tried eliminating some of your animals and you always know when one is missing.

A couple things you are not so fond of these days is Mommy and Daddy leaving. Don't worry buddy we don't like it either, but it will be over soon. You are not a fan of sitting at the table to eat. We still pretty much have to put on a circus to get you to eat an entire meal. I keep thinking this will get better, but here we are at three and I am still feeding you. You also don't like the fact that it is so cold outside. You are definitely a warm weather boy and love to be outside. You are also not a fan of listening lately. I always heard about the terrible two's and I think all those people were wrong. Two's were great I am not so sure about these three's though.

How could I forget the i-pad. You love this thing. We pretty much use it as bribery for everything. Don't judge us it works. Most of the time.

Something Mommy loves about you is your Cheeser face. Our pictures have taken on an entirely new look. I also love when you come snuggle in bed with me in the morning. I love hearing you say that Carter is so cute and wears diapers. You are going to be such a great big brother when he comes home. My favorite word you say is yellow. Your L's sound like Y's and it's probably the cutest thing ever.

Some things Daddy loves about you right now is when you tell him to vacuum his scruffies off. He loves when you randomly cheer for the Cowboys whenever football is on. He can't wait to take you to Rangers games again since you have been asking for them for the past month. He loves when you run to him the second you hear the door open when he comes home from work.

We sure do love you. Thanks for being you I wouldn't want you any other way. You mean the world to me. I love you to the Moon and back.

Love, Mom

3 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

seriously so cute! i love your letter. i thought Rian was the only child who had to have every stuffed animal in her bed (along with 6 different blankets). glad to hear he does it too, even though it drives you crazy! a present is coming, i promise :) tell him happy birthday for us. we love you guys!

tiffany said...

what a cute post! You are such great parents and I love that kid. I'm so glad to "get to know him" through your blog. love you guys! Happy B-day Boston!!

Craig Wilson said...

You are so wonderful!!! It is the best to see your darling boys through the pics/blog. We love you all. Carter is really getting big! See you soon. Mom W.