Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One Month


Carter I can't believe you are a month old today. The last month has definitely been a tough month for our family. We have learned so much and been so blessed. I guess you knew it was especial day because you decided to shower us with good news. No 2nd heart surgery wahoo!!! You have a murmur but no hole so we are so happy and just pray it stays that way. Also you had two great blood gasses so they were able to go down on your vent. Your rate is now at 42 and your pressure went down to 22. We are making baby steps back to getting your rate down to 25 where is was last week I know you can do it buddy. Speaking of baby steps and good news your oxygen was down to 39% percent this morning. We are learning that if your nurses don't turn your oxygen down very slowly when you are high satting then you get angry and drop fast. I can't believe how big you are getting. I know it's crazy to say big and chubby when talking about a two pounder, but really buddy you are growing so fast. Today you weighed in at 2lbs 13.6oz. Before we know it you will be three pounds and able to wear clothes. I look at a couple of the preemie outfits we have gotten you and they still look like they will drown you. Crazy to think you will be wearing preemie stuff for a couple months it is so tiny. Yesterday was a fun day for you and Mommy. I got to see you chin for the first time when they were changing your feeding tube and you most definitely have your Daddy's chin. Also I learned that even though you are tiny you can really poop. Let's just say you left a huge mess all over your bed, wires, tubes, nurse, and Mom. I am totally fine with you doing it in the hospital because it feels normal, but let's try to be done with that business by the time you come home. Carter we love you so much and are so proud of you. You are such a fighter and doing so great with all that we are trying to make your little body do. Thank you for all that you have taught me I am so glad that I am your Mom.

11 comments:

Rene said...

He really does look chubby - look at those cheeks! Hope he has a great week!

FriscoFour said...

Teresa,

He looks fantastic. I just got on and read all of your updates from the last time. So many ups and downs but you and Carter are doing so well. I am thinking of you and your family and Carter and your mom. Funny story about Boston. I know it has to be a challenge juggling the logistics of everything. Love you and hang in there.
Tracy

Laurel said...

I can't believe it has already been a whole month! He really is looking bigger, and I'm so glad he doesn't need surgery again!!

Did I ever tell you I have a cousin who was born at 22 weeks? He sure was tiny for a while, but is now fifteen! Being on oxygen for so long made his retinas detach, so he has been mostly blind since probably a year old, but he is otherwise perfect. I know your sweet Carter will be, too!

Karissa Kay said...

I'm so happy to hear he doesn't need another surgery! What great news! He's so cute!

About Me said...

I can just eat him UP! I am so lucky to be close by to go and visit Carter when ever! He is doing great today. Sorry you and the family can't come down due to the illness in your house. But Grandma D is enjoying making the rounds for everyone. I love him so much and love you, Travis and Boston. YOU are amazing! You have done a great job this past month. It is going to get even better as the time goes by and gets closer to him coming home. Thanks for letting me share in this experince. I love you. Grandma D, Mama D too. :)

Britanee Walker said...

i can't believe it's already been 1 month! i love him, he's just too cute. look at those cheeks! he's getting chunky ;) glad to hear that things have gotten better, the good news you've received. hopefully everything will keep going up & up instead of taking steps back. we love you guys!

D'Laina said...

One month wow that went by so fast, probably not for you though. I'm glad he doesn't need another surgery! I'm glad that you have time to post cause I love reading! He is sure a cutie!

kelsey and murray said...

ahhh i just loved this post! i am soooo thrilled that things are going well for you. you deserve it! there is not a day that goes by that i don't think about you guys! love ya!

Preston and Jamyn said...

Teres! He looks like he has put on some lbs! Look at those cheeks! He is precious. Still in our prayers!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh happy one month Carter!!! I love all these sweet pictures of him. He such a cutie. I think about you guys all the time, and check your blog often. You are an inspiration Teresa, and so strong. I'm seriously amazed, you seem to handle it all so well. Anyway, you guys are always in my prayers and I hope everything continues to look upward from here! Carter is a tough one, and I am proud of him too :)

Tara said...

Wow Teresa - I am so glad that I get to come and see you. I love you and can't wait to give you a hug. Thanks for being so honest in answering all your questions. Maybe next pic we'll get to see him with some clothes bc he'll be so big!