Friday, October 14, 2011

Magical Santa Rosa

Two weeks ago we were lucky enough to go to Trav's parents house for a week. We all were holding our breath that everyone would be healthy enough to go. Getting there was quite the ordeal. I spent weeks on the phone with doctors, airlines (virgin america was incredible), and our home health company getting everything in line for us to go. It was SO worth it. I was at a breaking point right before we left just being so tired from going all the time. When I asked Boston about the vacation he said it was "magical". I couldn't agree more. I'm pretty sure Carter agreed. He was such a happy boy and loved being able to sleep and not spend the week in doctor's offices. Trav was able to come for a quick trip over the weekend. We made sure to hit up Kirin both nights he was there for dinner. YUM!

Since I'm pretty sure I took more pictures that week than I have the last three months combined I will let them do most the talking.
Good ol iphone pics. Farmers Market, cute boys, and a numb face after the dentist for me.
Sunday afternoon at Strawberry Elementary (Daddy's old school) Santa Rosa is seriously so beautiful. Huge tree's line all the roads I LOVE it!
Trains and more trains at G&G's house, shoulder rides (carter's face is hilarious), and bed and tubby time for the boys.
Someday I hope to get a decent picture of these boys together.
Riding the train and "fishing" at the beautiful Howarth Park.
Painting with Grandma and working in the Garden with Grandpa.
The Beach. Probably one of my favorite things we did. Boston and I spent lots of time going on treasure walks to find things for our castle. Boston was in heaven having my full attention and was great at telling me exactly what to do and Carter was in heaven listening to the ocean and sleeping in grandma's arms. All the while my hair puffed up about ten inches and my mother in laws lost all it's puff. That night we went to see the Help. AMAZING!
Before the beach we went to one of the cute salt water taffy stores and Grandma told Boston to "get whatever you want". We left with a $9 bag full of taffy and I'm pretty sure I ate 90% of them. I love cute little stores like that.
Howarth Park with G&G. I don't know how it happened, but it was so hot that day! We only packed cooler clothes so we left a little sweaty.
Have I mentioned that my in laws are AMAZING!!! Well they are. I have such a great relationship with both of them and love that I feel so comfortable and genuinly love being with them with or without Trav. The boys are so lucky to have them. We also did our duties as far as shopping goes just ask Papo and eating yummy food.

It really was such and incredible week. I wish we could do it once a month. Definitely filled my tank up and gave me enough of a break to get back into our grind.

A week of no Doctor's appointments, no cleaning, no cooking, my family, and incredible in laws really is Magical. Boston hit this one right on.

3 comments:

Craig Wilson said...

That was so sweet, Teresa! Thanks for the kind words --- you know we feel exactly the same! We LOVED all the pictures!!!! Such a precious family. We love you. Mom W.

tiffany said...

i love that post! I bet it was great to get some Wilson lovin' for all of you! Love the pics and how happy your cute little family is!

K. Bitton said...

WOW!! It looks like you had so much fun. I'm so so so glad you got to get out and enjoy your kids, it's hard when it seems like they are just "work". Boston is such a good kid, I'm really impressed with his patience and love toward baby carter. What a blessing! You are beautiful and amazing!