Saturday, November 5, 2011

Because I KNOW there is power in them

If I am ever asked to or see the need to pray for someone I rarely forget. One of the many blessings that has come from Carter's whole ordeal. So because I KNOW there is power in prayer I am asking for you to join me in prayer.

First off remember nurse Amy? She was one of our favorite nurses by a long shot. If you know how I feel about my babies nurses than you will understand how important she is to us. Well she just got diagnosed with breast cancer. It feels so wrong to have her on the other side of things. She is a single Mom to two kids and they could use your prayers. Please pray for them


Next is a sweet little baby boy who is the son of one of my friends that was on Boston's soccer team. He and Carter are only two weeks apart. He just got diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblostoma cancer. I can't even imagine what they are going through. I think it would be so hard to have "normal" and then experience the whole hospital scene with your baby. Please pray that the chemo will do it's job.

And lastly please pray for our little Carter. We were in the ER with him on Thursday night. It wasn't anything serious it was more just precautionary. He has a cold/cough and was retracting while breathing. He is also requiring around the clock O2 again which is something he hasn't needed since July. After breathing treatments and a round of steroids we were sent on our way. After talking with Carter's pulminologist he decided that if Carter isn't completely off O2 come Monday morning they will admit him to the hospital. It wouldn't be because he was at serious risk of anything, but it is time he kicked the O2. He would just stay there long enough to get off it. They would basically be doing everything we are doing at home with treatments and steroids, but in larger doses and on an IV drip which is why he would need to be there. Obviously we don't want to end up back in the hospital, but know that it would be a fast pace to get him off them. Please pray that the steroids will do their job and that we will be ok with whatever we need to do.

Thank You so much.

PS. You can follow their stories if you would like. Both are on my side bar. Case Beckham's is a normal blog and Amy Smith's is a Caring Bridge site so follow her journal.

3 comments:

Cathy Dyke said...

Thank you so much for posting prayers for our Amy!! She is in our constant thought and prayer!!

Healing thoughts to Case.

Call me if you are bounced back to the hospital!!

Cathy

D'Laina said...

Oh my gosh I just read the whole blog of Case...I can't even believe it. I balled the whole time that it so sad and I cant imagine what they are going through! Makes me so greatful for my healthy, fighting, crying, mess making boys! Prayers your way for little Carter and for Case and Amy!

Brooke said...

I am so sad to hear about Amy - she was Spencer's nurse a couple times and we loved her. She will be in our prayers! You guys were in my thoughts last night and I put Carter's name on the prayer roll at the temple. I hope things go well with the steroids - he's such a champ.