Sunday, December 4, 2011

Grandma Haymond

During the time Carter was in the hospital my Grandma Haymond (Mom's Mom) came in to town to visit us. Before everything with Carter happened my Mom and I had some fun things planned. Thank goodness Grandma is always up for anything and easy going, because we sure didn't venture out that much at all. She got stuck with Boston a lot while I went back and forth to the Hospital. Boston was in heaven. He loved having someone to give him 100% of their attention.

We were able to head up to Galleria to do some shopping and see the huge tree.
I LOVE this picture. Grandma was also great to sit with the little man at the hospital when I had other things I needed to do.
Grandma and Boston making a Ginger Bread house.
Reading books and coloring.
Do we look alike? Ha kinda scary how much I am starting to look like these two. I blame the aging on the past year. Yowza!
Playing Legos

It was so much fun to have her here. It's always nice to have company just for a change of pace, because I can promise you that we definitely are not the most fun people to visit with our crazy schedule. I have so many memories with my Grandma growing up and I was so glad that Boston got to spend some one on one time with her and finally put a face to this Grandma Haymond he always hears about. My Grandma is such an amazing women. I have always had a great relationship with her and I feel as though the older I have gotten the better it has got. She was always so good to listen to me ramble on my to and from the hospital when Carter was in the NICU. She always gave great advice and was never afraid to cry with me and tell me that what we were going through really was not that great, but at the same time would remind me of all the tender mercies we were given. I love her so much!

2 comments:

Karissa Kay said...

aging?? you look like you're 16.

Tara said...

Boston is looking soooo old! Its so amazing to me about how the generations work. Because of where we fall in our families, Irene looks about the same as you Grandma! SO fun to have her there.