Saturday, January 14, 2012

2011...That's a wrap

What a year 2011 was for our family. I hope as time goes on we will be able to forget about things like dumping our savings into medical bills, being beyond tired, stress about the unknown, spending ridiculous amounts of time in our car and lots of money on gas, worry, many doctor appointments, our home filled with med supplies, and all the bad that comes with a trial like this will be forgotten. I say that only because I don't want it to overshadow like it does some days the absolute fact that this past year has been one filled with infinite blessings and many miracles. We truly are SO blessed. I know I say it all the time, but I really wouldn't trade it for anything. We ALL have grown so much through this trial. I truly believe that we are given the trials that we NEED to become who our Heavenly Father wants us to be. It definitely isn't easy, but it is o' so worth it!

Looking back 2011 style...
January we celebrated Boston's 3rd birthday and Carter's 1 month birthday. Boston learned how to ride his big boy bike. Carter was "big" enough to wear clothes all the while still tiny enough to slide our wedding rings up to his shoulder. We enjoyed snow for a couple days. Uncle Kels and Aunt Brienne came to visit.
February brought lots of visitors (Aunt Tara and G&G Wilson) for Uncle B's graduation. We built up some guts to leave peanut for a day to go to graduation which ended up being such a good little get a way for us. Travvy got to hold Carter for the first time. Grandma D took Boston to build a bear for he a Carter and Nurse Missy dressed Carter up in his build a bear accessories. Boston recorded "Pigeon wants a puppy" for his baby brother so he could hear his voice. We had lots of CPAP trials for peanut.
In March Boston went to the dentist for the first time and loved it. We tried CPAP again and after 8 times not working we began to talk about a trach. Boston "met" Carter for the first time through a window. I was sure at this time Boston was ready to throw me out and have Rene' be his Mom. Boston started soccer and developed a love for all things trains. We went to Disney on Ice. Carter had all his surgeries that would "fast track" him home.
April brought more soccer, good weather and fun times with our friends at the sand park. G & G Wilson came to visit and Grandma got to hold Carter for the first time and Grandpa spent a lot of time in Bobo's closet having "party's". My friends threw me an incredible baby shower. My Mom and I went crazy disinfecting every square inch of my home. We celebrated Easter. Our house slowly turned into a place full of med supplies. The best thing April brought was our sweet baby coming home and us being a family of four together for the first time in five months. We also said goodbye to Dr. Santiago and some of the most amazing people we have ever met.
May Uncle Kels surprised us by coming in town for Carter's blessing. Boston spent a lot of time at the pool and Carter spent a lot of time in the bjorn. We switched out Carter's g-tube for a mickey button. Wahoo for that no more pulling it out. We had lots of Brother time and started to venture out a little, of course only with Grandma D's help.
June we celebrated Father's day with the best dad around. Our baby smiled for the first time. We started to bath the boys together. I finally "finished" Carter's room. Boston and I went on lots of nature walks to the jungle. Matching brothers. The fab five babies met for the first time. We spent lots of time with the Williams. Mornings spent at the pool.
July brought some crazy hot weather and a visit from uncle Ky where we scored some serious tickets at strikz. Top Golf. Boston crossed the finish line with Grandma D at one of her half's. We celebrated the 4th. Our monthly med supply delivery started. Carter started "playing" with toys more. Lots of time at the pool.
August Boston mastered going potty facing forwards =). Grandma Wilson came to visit in the blazon heat. Carter started Vital Stim. Boston started Preschool and decided to take up cooking. Carter's love affinity with snuggly took full force. More time at the pool with friends.
September Carter was scoped and there was no movement in his vocal chord. Boston mastered self portraits and Lego love began. The cowboys season started. Cooler weather came our way which allowed us lots of visits to the park and T-ball in the back yard. Best of all we went on a vacation to Santa Rosa and it was amazing!
October Carter was reunited with the twins. Boston fell dead asleep in his Spidey uniform. We celebrated Halloween with Spidey and Batman. We snuck away for a fun weekend in Boerne. We went with the Hunter's to the pumpkin patch. Boston continued to be Grandma D's sidekick at home or at the Doctors offices.
November we celebrated mine and Trav's Birthdays. I ran the Turkey trot on Thanksgiving. Boston had his Thanksgiving program at school. Carter was hospitalized for metapneumovirus. Boston thought it was great because of the play room. The rest of us not so much. Grandma Haymond came to visit. Thanksgiving with the Wilson crew meant cousin time for Bobo.
December we celebrated Carter's 1st Birthday and the birth of our Savior. We had a very special visit from Santa! We spent lots of time playing Legos, doing the advent calenders, and searching for buddy the elf. I made us new stockings. The boys got their pictures taken. Carter was scoped and we saw movement in his vocal chord! We spent a wonderful Christmas with my family.

Here's to 2012.
I'm hoping I can get this new life of ours a little more organized.
Hoping that I can fold more of my laundry than my Mom does.
Hoping I can prepare more meals than my ward, pei wei, and McDonalds did this past year.
Hoping that my in-laws can get some sort of special treatment from Virgin America for being such frequent flyer's.
Have I mentioned how blessed we are? Farewell 2011!

6 comments:

Craig Wilson said...

You are just the most amazing woman, Teresa! When did you find time to put all these wonderful pictures together. I love it!!!! I'm so glad I was there for some of it. It is precious. Yes, hard,hard year, but blessings outweigh the hard time. Carter is so much happier! Such a beautiful family!!

Karissa Kay said...

You guys had an eventful year! You are seriously such an amazing family! I hope 2012 is wonderful for you! Love you!

Tara said...

I love your recap!! My kids love seeing pictures. Someday, I will be able to do this too. We love you all and wish to see you soon!

Colby and Hilary said...

I loved this! Because of YOU I have made a new years resolution to be more positive! You truly are more of an example to me then I think you understand! You have an amazing little fam Teres!

melissa marie said...

you guys have had one crazy year! we sure love you guys.

Kirsti said...

What an awesome recap- it's crazy to see that you crammed so much into every month. I can't believe how much your family has been through, and yet it's clear to see the blessings and miracles!