Thursday, January 26, 2012

The 4 Year Old!

Dear Boston,
I can't believe you are four years old! You are such an amazing boy and we feel so blessed to have you in our family. You can have the sweetest personality ever. Around Christmas there was a commercial on TV for a Lexus car where someone was gifting it someone and they had a big bow on it. Grandma Wilson and I were joking about that happening to us. A couple weeks later you held my hand and brought me out to the car and what do you know you had put a bow on Mommy's car and told me you loved me. I about melted. You always tell the story about Austin at school and how "he broke your heart".

Some funny things I love about you are obsessed with Ziploc bags. You love to organize things in them. One time you found every band aid in our house, which is a lot because you really like those too and sorted them into four bags and wrote each member of our families initial on them. I wish you were that organized and specific with your toys. You love "duck bread" and always ask for it. We went to feed the ducks one time and I bought the walmart brand really cheap nasty bread for a $1 and you ate some and loved it. Gross.

You are a funny boy. You love to tell jokes and they never make sense, but you laugh your head off. You ask for random things like something sharp so you can go kill a turkey???? At church during the opening prayer one Sunday someone prayed that we could open our hearts and you looked right up and me and said "she is so mean that she would pray for us to open our heart, because if our hearts open then we will die. We shouldn't pray for people to die" I could barely contain myself you were SO serious about it. The other day you were being a bit feisty and you kicked me pretty hard. I gave you the look and you said "I wasn't kicking you Mom I was giving you a high five with my foot". Where do you come up with this stuff. You told me the other day that your favorite thing to do was toot. One more way that you are becoming more boy! You tell me all that time that you body parts tell you to do things so you don't get in trouble for your arm hitting Carter.

Three was a fun, but rough year. You learned the art of talking back and at time I was ready to send you out the front door. I don't know if you have picked up on things at school or if it just comes with age, but you say things all the time that you don't really know the meaning behind. About a month ago you were going through a big Daddy stage, well you kinda always are, but especially this time and you were angry at me for something and you told me that yous wanted to "bang my head on the ground". I was so sad about it and that you would say something like that. Good thing those moments are very few and far between or else we would have some serious problems. Most of the time you are very polite and sweet. You use germ blast like it's nobodies business. We have turned you into the ultimate germ a phobe. You know that it helps keep your Brother healthy and you kinda REALLY like him and are always keepin' and eye out for him.

I sure do love you buddy and am so glad your my son. You bring the perfect amount of humor to our family. You have definitely given mommy and daddy something to laugh about on hard days. Keep being who you are, because I am just crazy about you.

Love,
Dude
Bro
My Love
(that's what you have been calling me lately???)

Here is how your 4th birthday went down.
We started of the morning with donuts and a special birthday message from daddy. Then you headed to school where Mommy joined you later to share your birthday poster. It was so fun to see you with all your friends at school and see the things you do.
When Daddy and Grandma D got off work we opened presents! Daddy and I took you to Lego land for you big present, but we threw in a practical gift. A booster seat which was "just what you always wanted!" You were so excited about it. Good thing Texas lets four year old boys be in booster seats because you and your long self were getting very snug in your carseat. Your Grandma's and Grandpa hooked you up with lots of Lego's, geotrax, movies, shoes, and stickers.
After presents we ate your requested dinner of Nachos. You LOVE nachos! Then we had cake. It's a good thing you thought your Lego cake was awesome, because in truth it was pretty pathetic.

Happy Birthday to the best four year old that cant take a decent picture these days boy I know.

We LOVE you!

1 comment:

Britanee Walker said...

what a great birthday! i love the cake and creativity...you're an amazing mom Teresa.