Monday, March 5, 2012

All or Nothin'

Today starts the beginning of my no sweets or treats! I have yet to learn self control and moderation over sweets so I am going to get rid of them all. My goal is to last until after my half marathon which is June 23rd. Holy smokes that seems like forever away! The thought of me running 13.1 miles in 3.5 months seems like way too soon so I can do it.

Over the past year and a half of our always on the go lifestyle I have developed some bad eating habits. Mostly just eating what was quick and easy. As a result my body is much... what do I say... squishy for my liking. I am determined to get back into shape and feel good about my body. I am determined to make more time for myself. I have not been good at all with that and I know that is one of the biggest reasons I feel so gross. It is so important to take care of yourself and I have been neglecting myslef for far too long.

I have never been one to care about how much I weigh so I am not paying much attention to that, but am going to focus more on inches and if the pounds drop then wahoo for that. Since there is only one other person (my Mom) besides Trav and I who can take of Carter it will be very interesting and very non traditional how I train for my half. I see many runs with Carter in the stroller, Boston on his bike, and plenty of stops to pick up sticks and look at bugs in our future. I go to the gym the mornings my Mom is able to watch the boys and on Saturdays when Trav is home. I am not a night gym person at all mostly because I have zero energy left. So I am going to work hard at doing more at home.

I am excited to get back in shape. I feel so much better about myself when I am healthier and eat better. I am WAY more productive and overall am a lot nicer person. I think my back gave me a break with everything going on, but it has had enough and it's time to work on that too. After I broke my back and everything was better my doctor told me that I just needed to get in shape and stay in shape and my back wouldn't bother me. I have been having trouble sleeping and spending some nights sleeping on the floor to get more comfortable due to my back aching.

So here is to a healthier me! Wish me luck and pray that you don't see me at the gym, because I am sure I would leave you laughing with all the panting I will be doing. Just going to look at it this way...if someone were to give me the option of lets say a bowl of ice cream (my fave) or a fit body which would I choose. Easy answer so I am going to make the right choices!

5 comments:

MM said...

I Boston would like to play here and you just take Carter in the stroller I'd love to watch him for you OR I have a treadmill that you're always welcome to use. Proud of you--way to go and put yourself on your list of priorities!

Britanee Walker said...

i'm in the same boat as you! i'm starting small though-dropping caffeine & soda first...then dropping the sugar. good luck with your goals! you can do it!

Cathy Dyke said...

You are a fantastic mother and person no matter what size you are!!! Give yourself a break!!

Rachel said...

If ever you want to run with just Carter (although I'd be happy to take him too) feel free to run by our house to drop off Boston, thus minimizing the stick and bug stops. Good luck! Those are awesome goals!

jenna said...

love this post! you can totally do it! i've lost 25 lbs in the last 4.5 months {a lot of it just baby weight} but i know i wouldn't be smaller then pre pregnancy if it weren't for my eating habits! i still have a long way to go but it certainly is true that it's eighty percent diet twenty percent exercise. can't wait to see your progress!!