Monday, April 9, 2012

The Potato's are coming

"Closet Party"

Last week all over the news we kept hearing about bad storms coming, possibly tornadoes. There really isn't anything I dislike about Texas besides tornado season, and june bugs, and fire ants, and August. I picked Boston up from school on Tuesday and he said that "we need to hurry home my teacher told me the potatos are coming". Poor little guy totally though a storm of potatos were coming. When we got home we put Carter down for a nap and curled up on the couch to watch the news. Boston was very into everything that was going on and was pretty nervous. Anytime they would tell a different county to take cover he would ask if it was us. When it came time for us to take cover I told him to grab some things that were important to him and meet in Mommy's closet while I got Carter. He came with Cheez its, capri suns, and a couple books. Hmmm at least he would have a full tummy and be entertained. I grabbed Carter and his crib matress and we camped out in the closet for a while. I turned on a movie on the ipad for the boys and they imediately thought the "closet party" was the best idea ever! I watched the storms on my phone and kept up to date on facebook to see when we were clear. We are so blessed that we were safe, because there were so many around us that weren't. I think there was a total of 12 tornados that touched down and did some pretty good damage.

No comments: