Friday, September 7, 2012

Get it OUT!!!!


The heat this summer has been so hard on Carter's neck where his trach ties are. With how sweaty he gets it has really irritated his super sensitive skin and he does not leave it alone. He literally have scratched it raw. It's tricky to try and let it heal with us only being able to put certain medicine on is with his trach hole. If things get in his hole it can so easily get infected. 
One way that Carter deals with it is to rip it all out. If he turns his head sideways or looks up or down he can not breathe. During the day it doesn't really worry me because I am right there. Come night time when he is in his bed sleeping and he does it.....well that's a completely different story. Have I ever told you how much I hate the color purple? Well I do especially when my baby turns that color. 

November 19th can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

Rene said...

I thought the big day was Sept 17th (or does the trach hopefully come out after the 2nd or 3rd surgery)? Poor boy. His neck makes me so sad. He is such a trooper.

Karissa Kay said...

ahhhh!!!! so scary! poor baby and poor you!