Monday, September 17, 2012

Surgery Day

For the past week I have been having nightmares that we wouldn't be able to do the surgery because we arrived to the hospital too late. I thought for sure that was going to happen when we were stuck in traffic trying to get downtown. Thankfully we made it only a little late.

Trav and I about lost our stomachs walking down the long white halls and through what felt like a million double doors to get to our pre-op room. Carter did great until we got in the room and that is when he knew exactly what was up. We signed our lives away and they marked where they would make the incisions on his chest.

Dr. McClay came in and I wish I felt all warm inside about him like I do Carter's other doctors, but I don't. I have to remind myself over and over again that he is a GREAT surgeon. He started to talk as if they might not proceed with the surgery if his reflux isn't under control. Hello didn't we jaut spend the past two months fixing this and didn't you just speak with the GI doc and he gave you his go ahead!!!!! I will feel lots better when I know they are moving on with the surgery. As for now I am a ball of nerves. We will get hourly updates from the OR.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad