Wednesday, September 18, 2013

1st day of Kindergarten!

The day finally came that he has been talking about for over a year and if you asked him he wasn't excited at all!
 We woke the boys up and had a fun back to school breakfast puffy eyes included. Boston requested clouds and berries with a green smoothie. He didn't eat much I'm sure some do to nerves and the fact that he usually likes to be up for at least an hour before he eats. 
 Pretty sure he is the cutest Kindergartner there ever was. 




 This is the nervous smile we saw a lot of that morning. 


 We got to school and found his classroom. He stayed pretty close to Trav and I, but when it was time to line up and head into class he put on his brave face with only a couple tears and waved and blew kisses all the way into class. I kinda surprised myself when I started crying after we left. I didn't have a hard time with preschool at all, heck I was even excited for him to go, but something about Kindergarten seems so permanent! I'm sure the fact that he was scared made it harder for me too. 
 Thankfully Carter and I had therapy to distract us during school, because we sure missed our big helper/brother. When we picked him up from school he happily reported that it was "boring, but good" such a Boston remark. We celebrated with happy meals and the play place at McDonald's. 
Boston was SO excited that Carter could finally climb up and down the play place and play with him. Carter was pretty excited himself. Every time he would come down the slide he would come over with the biggest smile and say "Mom I slide" and every time they passed this VERY high netting they would yell "hi Mommy". It was such a great day!

No comments: