Monday, January 27, 2014

Preschool

Today my baby started preschool! We just found out on Friday that he got into the district program so it all happened so fast. I guess it wasn't too fast we have been testing what feels like every day for the last month. Who knew there were so many tests you could give a three year old. We were worried that he wouldn't get in because he is doing SO great with everything. In every test category he fell in the average range, which is such a blessing, but can be a curse when you are trying to get him therapy. If he didn't get in through the district we would have had to do it through private party and that is darn expensive. Needless to say we were pretty excited when because of his birth history and small class sizes they let him in. 




 When they were doing all the testing him going to school a couple hours a day sounded nice, but when I went to drop him off my heart broke into a million pieces. That little boy has completely dictated my schedule for the past three years and has been at my side almost every minute of it too. Lets just say time away from you kids isn't all its cracked up to be. He cried when I dropped him off, but his teacher said within two minutes he was perfectly fine.



I hope that he really enjoys school and can get the help he needs to keep progressing like he has. Because he is doing so well with everything I hope more than anything this can help him with his social skills. I really don't know how he got so big so fast, but I sure am proud of him. I have to add that he was over the moon excited about his back pack and lunch box. Right after we found out he got accepted we went to Target to get him a back pack and he pretty much wore it all weekend.

2 comments:

Rene said...

You have no idea how happy and sad this makes me. We miss you guys tons!

Rene said...

You have no idea how happy and sad this makes me. We miss you guys tons!