Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Birthday Letter

Dear Boston,

How in the world are you six years old!!! I say it every year, but I really can't believe how fast time has gone. You are growing into such a great little boy! Although you aren't so little anymore. You are definitely one of the tallest in your class and I'm pretty sure you love it! You seem to be growing like a weed lately. We have bought you new shoes twice since the school year started from your feet growing so fast. You started the year in an 11-12 and are now wearing a size 1. Dad finally made me go get you new pants because yours were too short. I was not wanting to do it, because its rarely cold enough to wear pants especially for you. You pretty much live in basketball shorts these days. 
 You are such a great friend. When Daddy and I drop you off at school there is always a group of kids that run up to you yelling your name. It makes me so happy to see you try and include everyone. Logan and Cameron are your two best friends and I'm so glad you have them, because they are such great boys. I do love to hear though when you come home and tell me that you played with another friend because you didn't want to play what they were playing. You are not afraid to be who you are. You stand strong in what you believe and aren't afraid to share your opinion. 

 You are one creative little boy. You always have big ideas and love to make them happen. Your big ideas almost always mean big messes as well. You are so great at making messes and we are working on you becoming just as good about cleaning them up. You are getting better everyday at your reading and writing. This whole learning to read stage is so much fun! You love to make books and write your own stories. I love how you spell out the words. You refuse to let me help you learn how to read though so I hope your teacher does a good job ha. You also refuse to hold your pencil the right way. You are a great student or so Mrs. Allen says. You get your work done super fast and love to turn your paper over and color pictures on the back of the paper. 

 You have just started to really show interest in sports and Daddy loves it. You started basketball for the first time this year and you are pretty darn good at it. Your size helps you out a lot on the defensive side. Offensively you have a ways to go, but you are loving learning more about it. Baseball is still your favorite and you are really getting motivated to be better now that you are on a team. It's fun to watch you improve and learn new things especially when they make you so happy. 

 You are so much fun around our house and we love that you are a part of our family. You continue to be such a great big brother and boy do you have a lot of patience when it comes to Carter. For whatever reason you are his target for all things mean. Daddy and I love to keep you up a little late some nights so that we can just snuggle with you on the couch and chat or watch sports center. You are never at a loss of something to say. You are constantly talking and telling stories. 


We sure do love you and couldn't imagine our family with out you. You are an amazing (and super handsome I must add) boy. As much as I want to freeze time I love watching you grow and shape into such an incredible boy. Thank you for being you, because I sure love you just the way you are.

Love, Mom

No comments: