Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Boston is in charge!!


Thank you everybody for your support and prayers for Boston they are working. Boston is getting so much stronger and looking better every day. Yesterday my mom and I walked into the NICU and saw a doctor and three nurses circled around he bed. My heart dropped and I didn't know what to think I almost started to cry. The doctor then turned around laughing and said Boston is in charge from here on out. He said they were all sitting at the desk doing paper work and they heard a baby cry and didn't know where it came from (they didn't think it could be Boston because with his tubes he can't make any noise) when they looked over to his bed it was him crying. By the time they all got over there Boston wasn't crying anymore and was perfectly fine. He pulled his resporator out all the way from his stomach. The doctor decided to see how he would do without it. Well Boston knew he was better than they were giving him credit for. From then on out he has made amazing improvements. He realizes now that he can do that so he has now gotten rid of the IV as well and is doing great wihout them. He is still on oxygen and has his feeding tube (he is getting to be such a big eater) today Trav and I got to hold him without a pillow or anything it was great. We also tried to breast feed today and to say the least he was not interested. When we tried to do it he was getting food from his tube so why try when he was getting what he wanted =) Here are some pics from the last couple days look how much better his head looks compared to the first pics.



8 comments:

nicole said...

What a little sweetheart. Just wait Teresa, this is just the beginning of his reign over your world :)

Kelly said...

oooh, I liked Nicoles comment! Its so true! I look forward to the day I can relate to the both of you! You and Trav are going to be the BEST mommy and Daddy! Boston looks SO GREAT Teres!

Karissa Kay said...

Teres, he looks so great! I'm so happy things are going so well for you all.

Ashlee said...

Oh Teresa! I wish so badly, that me and Britanee could be there and see you all! He's absolutely beautiful and you three are in our prayers. I hope he gets out of there fast!

Laurel said...

He's looking so good, Teresa! I'm glad your mama is there, too. Love you!

Unknown said...

Theresa he is such a cute boy! I would be SO sad if I had to leave my little guy at the hospital! I am so sad for you but happy he is doing good! Congrats!

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

Teresa! WOW! When I was reading through that last post I almost started crying thinking about this little baby who is fighting so hard to be so strong!! That's amazing! Congrats on everything!

tiffany said...

I'm so glad he is doing so much better... he's got such a cute little face. I hope to see him sometime soon!! Love you guys!!