Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Boston 2 Months Old


I can't believe how fast time flies. My little buddy is 2 months old today. He is getting so big (we go to the doctor on Monday I will post the facts on how big he really is then) I can't believe it. Pretty much every morning Trav and I wake up and say wow he changed again over night. Here are a couple things that our family has learned in the past 2 months.

Mom & Dad-
1. We can function on a lot less sleep than we thought we could.
2. We love after 6:00 pm when Trav gets home and we have family time.
3. I am getting really good at doing two things at one time.
4. I can get ready during the week pretty fast. I take my time on the weekends because Trav is home.
5. I am really good at getting poop stains out of clothing. Yes the kid can poop really well.
6. We are good planners. We plan everything around Boston's feeding schedule.
7. We can change his diaper really fast.
8. Our bedtime (mine mostly) is getting earlier. If we are not doing something hands on I start to fade around ten.
9. Keep trying on the bottle he will eventually get it. (he is pretty good at it but still prefers his Mom)
10. I am pretty good at the public (public meaning in a public area in a private place) nursing thing.

Boston-
1. He can tell when we are stopped at a red light. He loves the car but doesn't like to be stopped.
2. He loves tummy time. (I wish he could sleep on his stomach during the night he sleeps so much better)
3. He is learning how to sleep longer. Last night he went down at 9:30 and woke up at 3 and then at 6 he wanted his diaper changed and went back to sleep till 8:30. It was great. Don't worry I am not getting my hopes up that this will become the norm.
4. He prefers Mom's 4 runner over Dad's Volvo because it is bouncier.
5. He loves to be outside.
6. If Dad is holding him he better be bouncing him. Only snuggles if he is really tired.
7. He really likes his medicine for his acid reflux.
8. He is actually liking bath time.
9. He has a strong neck and likes to show it off.
10. He loves his baby gym. He will look at himself in the mirror forever.

Here is a pic of him looking at himself in the mirror. So cute.

11 comments:

Ashlee said...

I love him! Isn't it funny how your life changes? I've never had the baby part, but our schedules revolve around the girls and it all works out in the end! Anyways, we miss you guys and I hope we can see Boston soon! The girls want to hold him while he is still little :)

Karissa Kay said...

I'm obsessed with him!

Kelly said...

What a fun post!! I liked reading it and I cant wait to see you and boston in a couple weeks!

I answered your question on my new blog post :) (about my new job)

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Love hearing how Boston is doing. I can tell you are loving being a mom. It is such the greatest joy!! Your comments made me reflect back when Sydney went through similar stuff. They grow so fast :(

Amber said...

Boston is looking cuter everyday (which is hard to imagine cause he was adorable from the start). That pee all over your shirt just shows off how much you love your little baby and how good of a mom you are! The more, the better!!

Britanee Walker said...

i can't get enough of you guys and your pictures! i just got the announcement in the mail today and i LOVE it. it looks even better in person :) can't wait to see you guys and hold your little boston! i call holding him first!! :)

The Wuehler Wireless said...

Isn't it amazing how much you can do with one hand a only a couple of hours of sleep! I think that there is a skill given to woman from Father in Heaven so they can manage all that because we know that no matter how hard they try, men just can't do what we do.

Ashley said...

He is such a cutie! It was fun being with you last night! Let me know when you want to go walking or if you want to go to the book club and get a free gift certificate!!

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

What a great announcement! I love love love all those pictures!

Nate and Lynlee said...

I just got your announcement in the mail! Seriously so cute! The picture in the middle is my favorite. He is so precious!

tiffany said...

could you be any cuter! I miss you guys!