Thursday, April 17, 2008

Button Boards

Well I guess since my husband shared my secret & your comments I will show you what I have been up to. Like Trav said there is the cutest boutique right by our house that sells the most amazing custom bedding and children furniture and other little things. When we lived here in the summer we went in there and I fell in love with the little shop (it is one you can really only look at because the bedding is $3,000+). So when I started making the boards I thought about the store and wondered if they would sell there. As you can see it has been a long time because I was too big of a wuss to go in and ask. After some encouragement from Trav I finally did. I met with the owner and she loved them and placed her first order right then. Here are some pics of the ones she ordered.

PS. in case you don't know they are hand painted magnet boards so you can hang pictures on them





So how it will work is since the store is all custom the owner will give me a fabric sample of the bedding people are ordering and I will design one to match or customers can order just a board. I am excited to do this and it keeps me busy so yeah!

Also these are some cute wood blocks I made for Bostons room. Don't you just love Mod Podge.

9 comments:

tiffany said...

You're so talented! Way to go! I'm so proud of you! PS I love love love modge podge. i use it on EVERYTHING!

Karissa Kay said...

Teres, you are so amazing! P.S. My mom wants to be invited to view your blog. kenoflan@comcast.net

Hightower said...

WOW! I wish I was that creative! I suck at making things..anything crafty...But those boards are adorable!!

Britanee Walker said...

you are so crafty and creative! those blocks are too cute and i absolutely love the boards!

Camille said...

Teresa, these are so beautiful. I'd love to order some. Are you already super busy and booked? Let me know because I'm seriously interested. We'd LOVE to have you guys out for a visit. Is baby Boston old enough now that you can take him out? We'd really LOVE to meet him and spend some time catching up with you all. I had a baby shower here the other night and a girlfriend of mine told me that her brother works with Travis. It made me all misty because we'd love to see you. Let us know! and again, congrats!!!!

Ryan and Jamie Sharp said...

They are fun. Hey i was on the phone with you when you were making those blocks! I love mod podge too!

Amber said...

Teresa, I LOVE your boards! They are so cute and unique. I love the blocks too. So adorable.

McGiven Family.... said...

Hey I seriously want you to make me those blocks for my boys bedroom. Are you taking orders? Let me know because I would be really interested. You are so talented. What a fun thing to be able to do and still be at home with your baby! That is so nice!

Reagan and Mike said...

i love the stuff! a want some! come on don't be greedy share the wealth! ha. and i'll try not to be offended we didn't get to see ya when you came. there's always next time =) love ya teresa! cutest little boy!