Monday, December 8, 2008

Our "Tree"

Every year since Trav and I have been married we have gone to the tree lot and picked out our tree. I loved having the smell of fresh pine in our house. So this year we went to the local tree lot (wal-mart) to pick out our tree. Well the trees were ridiculous they were already practically dead and were running for like $60 for a 4 foot tree. We talked to the guy and he said that Christmas trees only last about 2 weeks max here in Texas. You would have thought somebody shot Travis he was devastated. So to make a long story short we ended up buying an artificial tree and my Mom got us a pine smelling candle thing to make up for the smell. I will let the pictures do the talking.






As you can tell Bosotn and I are very happy with the tree. Trav on the other hand well he is actually starting to be ok with it. He was pretty bummed that Boston will be growing up on fake tree's. I love it and think it turned out so cute!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

I love how Travis is pouting about the christmas tree! I think that your tree is darling! I am all about fake trees and pine smelly things to make up for it. Less mess in my opinion :) Boston is getting big! What a cutie. He will be so much fun this Christmas.

tiffany said...

Poor Trav- his face makes me so sad! Your tree looks great though. Merry christmas!

Kelly and Jill Burk said...

Your in good company! Try moving from Oregon to Utah where you chop down your own tree for only 20 bucks! I have had a fake tree for 10 years now. Your tree is darling and I know it is hard but it sounds like you guys are being really positive.

kelsey and murray said...

I don't think I could keep a tree alive more than 24 hours! Your tree turned out darling! I bet Boston loves looking at it!

Kylie Blackwell said...

That face breaks my heart. I love my fake tree, it's so much less hassel.

Ashlee said...

I prefer a fake tree solely for the easy-ness :) I would walk about with too many scratches to count by the time a real tree was finally decorated. Tell Trav that Brady feels the same way as him :) XOXO!

McKenna said...

I'm with Travis. I grew up on fake and now that I am married have been converted to real. Although, with that price, your purchase is definately justified. I wouldn't have paid that much for a real one either.

Kelly said...

hahahahahaha... I cannot stop laughing at Travs face. HAHAHAHA Good job.. it looks great!

The Birds said...

Just tell Trav that one day you'll have room for this tree AND a real one! That's what we always did growing up and hopefully one day I'll have a house to do the same. But this one is definitely cute!!! And Boston is a doll!
~Chandi