Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I did it!

As most of you know I don't have a very good back. At the begining of the year I set a goal to get my back in shape because that is the only way I don't have back pain. Something that I haven't been able to do consistently since I hurt my back was run. I would run and then be in pain for 3-4 days after. I set a goal to run in a 5K the begining of May. Well I did it!

crossing the finish line. Best time ever! 33 minutes 34 seconds


My Mom ran with me she was nice enough to hold back (yes my Mom is a super runner)my Mom finished in 31 minutes. She would have done better than that if she wasn't waiting on me.


My support team aren't they so dang cute!


I know a 5K isn't much but for me it was. It always feels good to accomplish a goal you've set. I am proud to say that my back wasn't sore even a little bit and mostly that is what I am proud of.

11 comments:

Nikki said...

That's so awesome! It's it just great after you finish your first race? I was addicted after the first race I did. We'll have to run one together, there's like 7 coming up! :)

Britanee Walker said...

i'm really interested in running one! i've never liked running but have also thought the same thing for my back. how'd you prepare for it? and how'd you do it while being with boston all day?

Britanee Walker said...

I'LL DO IT WITH YOU!! Do i have to register for it though? That gives me 6 weeks to train :) Did you run everyday then? and di dyou run just 5 miles everyday or what?

Brienne & Kelsey said...

teres!!! yay!! that is so awesome. that means you're going to want to run a 10k when you're here and i'm going to be being dragged along. haha congrats girl!

*Laura* said...

That is sooo great, ive been thinking about running one too! But i don't even run now lol Good job tho!!

kelsey and murray said...

Way to go Teres! I am running one on June 6th- I better start preparing!! I am very proud of you!!!! ps. when are you coming?

jenna said...

you look awesome! and your mom has gotten so tiny! congrats!

Kelly said...

YEAH!!! GREAT JOB TERES!!! Wow. I know how it feels to do a race and i am so proud of you!! Especially since I know you "dont have a very good back" ha, you play it off like your back was never really a big problem! So, Way to go!! I love you and miss you.

tiffany said...

nice job Teresa! you are amazing!! You do have a super cute support group!! :-)

Camille said...

woooo woooo! doesn't it feel soooo good? You're a superstar!! congrats. come and visit us soon!!

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

good job Teresa...must have felt good to do the run....I also love how Boston signs please and says uh-oh....seriously....he and Sydney are so much alike. She still does those things all the time. Miss you guys! Oh...we had dinner with Melissa and her girls tonight....Mason had to work at the last minute. They're in our ward! Yeah for friends!!