Sunday, July 5, 2009

Homecoming Week!

Well he is finally home. We had a very busy good week in Utah. I decided that Utah is a hard place to visit because we never get to see everyone we want to and for sure don't get to spend the amount of time we would like. Some day...

Anyways here is how it went

We left Dallas on Monday morning and Boston thought that the airplane was the coolest thing since tater tots (that says alot because he sure loves his tots) Boston did amazing on the plane. I am pretty sure he made friends with everyone on the last six rows of the plane. He was giving high fives and knuckles to everyone and he made airplane sounds almost the entire flight. Being on the plane confirmed to me that I think Dallas has some of the nicest people ever. He became very good friends with these two older guys that had grand kids and it was because of them that the flight was so great.
Tuesday we went to the Airport to welcome home Elder Erickson. It took alot of patience because his plane was delayed an hour and a half which made it a little hard to keep Boston contained. Luckily I had lots of family there to help chase him around. There were six missionaries coming home from Chile that day so there was quite the the crowd. It was so great to see him for the first time he was in complete shock the entire time it was pretty funny.
After the airport we all went over to my Brothers house and had a BBQ. During the week we went to Lehi days and let the three little boys play on the blow up slides Boston wasn't that big of a fan which surprised me. We watched my niece cheer in the Lehi parade she did awesome. We were lucky enough to be with my little Brother when he drove for the first time in two years he was so nervous. We got to enjoy my two youngest Nephews personalities they are hilarious. I found my youngest Nephew sitting on the bedpost watching TV I thought is was the funniest thing ever!
On Thursday we went up the beautiful Provo canyon and had a BBQ and played some Baseball. The weather and MOUNTAINS we absolutely beautiful!!!
While we were there I got to see my twin cousins who are 2 of my favorite people in the whole world (not the prettiest picture of us but at least we remembered to take one), We hit up the Legacy pool with the Grand kids, and I ran another 5K with my Brother, Mom, cousin Britanee, and Brienne. I beat my last time by 1 minute 14 seconds. I was surprised I beat it they didn't have water throughout the entire race and I was about to die because I usually drink alot while I work out.
On the last full day we were there we went boating with Brienne's family on Utah lake. It was a perfect day and felt good to be outside. I wake boarded and surprisingly got up on my first try. I haven't been in years so that was fun. Boston had a good time for the most part. He kept throwing things of the boat. When he threw snuggly off he was pretty sad but ended up taking a nap after and got over it pretty fast. Thanks Rick and Kim for a fun day!
We were also able to meet up with Travs Grandma, Aunts and Uncles, and cousins for lunch. We went to 5 guys which is one of Travs favorite places to eat so it made a great visit even better. Aunt Marine new the way to Boston's heart by bringing him some cars. She became his best friend pretty quick and gave her quite the show the entire time. We also go to meet Nate and Tiff's cute little Cooper who is probably the happiest baby ever I wanted to take him home with me. We love and miss you all.
Some other highlight of the trip were catching up with friends and family at the open house, enjoying the magic of Spoon Me thanks Kels and Cheryl for introducing me to that I am hooked and it was sooo good to see you, buying lots of binkies because my brothers dogs ate four of them, Boston was in heaven with the two dogs at the house I thick he said dog about a hundred time each day, morning scripture study as a family, family pictures, Grandma sycamores bread, Utah's delicious water (remember Texas has disgusting water), games with my Sister in-law, Niece, and Nephews along with their hilarious stories each night, and being able to stay at my Brother and Sister in-laws house as a family. It was a crazy hectic week but lots of memories were made and that's what counts.

6 comments:

K. Bitton said...

Wow! It sure looks like you guys had fun. How neat to have a missionary come home. way to go on your run! I want to run one someday!!

Britanee Walker said...

that was a crazy busy week! it was so great to see all you guys and we can't wait to see you all again! miss you already.

Britanee Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiffany said...

it was SO much fun to see you guys!

*Laura* said...

What a crazy week!! That is so exciting that he's home, tell him hi from me! i miss utah so much can't wait to get home, your trip looked awesome!

jenna said...

i know what you mean about utah! when we go away and then come back for a visit i get worn out. it's cRaZy!!!! congrats on welcoming home your elder! if you ever come to houston, dont forget to visit :)