Friday, October 9, 2009

Choosing my Battles

 

Lately with Boston's new "Mr. Independent" attitude I feel like I am always having to choose my battles. To be honest he wins most of them, but he's cute and that's OK with me. Today I decided to not fight in the no coat no shoes battle. Should have fought the coat one, but o well. Boston has loved wearing my socks around the house lately and this morning was no exception. I put my socks on for him and no problem. That was until we needed to leave for the store. There was no way I was going to get my socks off of him so he won and we went to the store. While we were walking around the store he was so nice to "comb" my hair with the foot scrub brush that made it's way out the door with us. I gave him a fruit leather that made his face a brownish purple color. He yelled out "Mama where are you" almost the entire time we were there. He won. It was funny. And that's that.
 

I was thinking about it on the way home and I started to laugh when I thought about it from an outsiders point of view. Here's this little boy that has been abducted and can't find his Mom, he looks as though he hasn't had a bath in about a week, his only toy is a foot scrub brush, and lastly the little boy doesn't have any shoes. We got some good laughs from the employee's and left the store empty handed. Love him!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

haha can't wait for that to happen to me :) i guess it's already started but i still have some control when we have to go outside!

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Well, from what I know of your socks...looks like Boston has quite the collection to choose from. Fun times for him!

K. Bitton said...

You do what ya gotta do:) We have had those moments as well. They make life fun, right? Boston is a crack up! That picture of him on the phone, then with his pants down...too funny! Glad to hear life is going well for you! Loves!

Jason and Gentry Bevan Family said...

That is the cutest thing I've seen! Boston is such an adorable little guy.

Kelly said...

hahaha, i love him. This is a funny story.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

hahaha thats so funny. he's too cute. I'm in a mothers institute class and this week we talked about picking your battles with your children, so it's funny you wrote about this. My teacher talked about from his experience he's seen children turn out best when parents stress and have rules for important things, but don't stress about the small unimportant things. So, looks like you're on the right track! kids will be kids right, ha.

melissa marie said...

I cannot believe how HUGE Boston is. He looks like a four year old easy. He is so darling, I bet you are having so much fun with him!

Kevin said...

I am so glad that you are laughing and enjoying that scene because it really does make everything easier. And then to give us all a great big smile from reading the story - thanks for sharing!! Sometimes I wonder what people really think when they stare and me and then give me a great big smile - I guess I am giving them a good laugh for their day. Good Job to Teresa the MOM!
Tara