Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How cool is my Mom

 

Last Saturday my Mom ran the Cowtown Half Marathon. Is that not so cool? I think so. I had planned to be at a couple stops during the race to cheer her on, but it was a mad house and parking was ridiculous. We ended up camping out at the finish line which was an absolutely inspiring place to be. The guy the finished the half first ran a 5 min mile and the guy that ran the full 26.2 marathon ran a 6 min mile and came to the finish line about 25 minutes after my Mom finished the half. It was pretty impressive and disgusting at the same time. Who runs that fast for that long? Anyway my Mom did such a great job and I am so proud of her. She worked very hard for 8 weeks to train. I keep telling her someday I will run with her. Neither her or I know when that someday will be. =)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Probert Family said...

What a cool grandma Boston has. I love his signs.

My sister and bro-in-law did the half marathon and Kim Mano did the 5k. Too bad I didn't even go to cheer anyone on. oops.

Britanee Walker said...

that's so great of her to do the half marathon! she's looking fab too, oh my heck! after running with you guys last year (ok, i wasn't really running WITH you, more like WAY WAY behind you...), i know for sure that i'll never run a 1/2 or full marathon. congrats aunt di!

Nikki said...

How cool! I would love love love to do a half. It's on my bucket list. I really wanted to do one before having another kid, but I'm about 99.8% sure that won't be happening. Maybe after that I'll buckle down and do it.

Collin and Traci said...

WOW! I'm impressed! Go Diane! :) I'm not surprised though! One of the strongest ladies I know!

Karissa Kay said...

Way to go, Diane! That's so amazing! I hope one day I'm in good enough shape to run a mile. haha!

Cheryl said...

hi!!! Tell your mom YEA!!!!!! for her.

:)