Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hi we are...

Hi we are Boston's Mom and Dad and we may or may not be addicted to buying him cars. Feels good to actually admit it.

I think it's safe to say "Hi I am Boston's Grandma
and I am addicted to buying him cars" Pretty much if we can't find it she can.

I think it's also safe to say "Hi I am Boston's Grandma D. and I am addicted to buying him all things cars" if we have a cars towel, coloring book, pool toy, or whatever it probably came from her.

We are completely aware that we are creating a monster when it comes to this car stuff, but truth is we love it and if you saw his face when he got a new one I promise you would be addicted too. We are in serious trouble because pretty much when he would learn a new cars name we wanted to get it for him. Well one of the cars (notice how I said one? Yes there were more than one) we got him last week came with a 2010 cars collector guide that includes pictures and the names of all the cars and he studies that book like you would not believe. "Who's this? What does he say? What color is he?..." I am embarrassed to admit what we are doing to make up for the money that we spend buying them so I won't say. I am also embarrassed to admit how much time I have spent laminating (with packing tape) his 2010 cars book so I won't say that either, but we are more than happy to do this for are little guy it makes us just as happy as it makes him and that is VERY HAPPY.

5 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

i've (we've) become the same way haha except we buy her 'little people' and i think we've officially become addicted to the disney store figurines. we bought rian 2 of them last night & she has played with them ever since :) she even gives them kisses. so glad we're not the only parents haha!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

I love his love for cars. Ha, it's adorable. And how cute that he studies his book.
You guys are such a cute family. Oh and I just saw your "if i could" post below and I think that is one of the cutest posts I've ever seen. Makes me want to do that with evertying Cohen does too. You're too cute Teresa.

Camille said...

I think he and Marcus would be BFFs... or they would probably fight over who gets to play with which car. Last summer on our road trip to Utah I was losing my mind so we stopped at some random wal-mart and I paid 8 bucks for some lightning mcqueen-- which he already had like 5 of them-- but inside of the package was that collector's guide you mentioned. OHHHMYGOSH!! best 8 bucks i ever spent. it saved us on that trip. You should see how shredded it is now after so much use (abuse). He sleeps with it, it is thrown in his "official" cars bucket on the shelf and he goes thru it probably on a daily basis, informing me which one we still need to buy.

But I love him for it.

And I recently used it to bribe him to start using the potty. Worked better than chocolate, I tell you what. I just have to find a way to get snot rod, the dinoco blue helicopter, and DJ and then he tells me he'll really use the potty.

Don't you love being a BOYS mommy??!!

tiffany said...

i love it. you are too cute. our car obsession is just starting... I guess we could always send him to your house!! :-)

Tara said...

You make me laugh!!! I love you -