Monday, September 20, 2010

The Verdict is...


Pretty much ever since Boston has been born he has had coughs on and off. Anytime he got sick a cough for sure came with it. Other times he would get random nasty coughs for no reason at all. They were never contagious and hardly ever came with a runny nose and/or fever. He has had a cough for the last two weeks and today I noticed he was wheezing so I took him into the doctor half expecting to pay the co-pay and leave with the doctor saying nothing is wrong, because we have done that ALOT! But today with the wheezing being so bad they ran a test to check the amount of oxygen getting into his body and then gave him a breathing treatment. After the treatment they tested his oxygen level again and listened to his chest. It improved alot so they ordered us a machine to have at home so that whenever he has a coughing episode when can just give him the treatment every four hours until it stops. The doctor said that he got this either from genetics (runs on both sides) or has to do with him being premature. Who knows we are just glad that we now have a treatment for him. If this doesn't help or he starts to get them more frequent they will put him on an every day treatment.

The verdict is ASTHMA

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

WOW! I got my asthma from a certain somebody and I cough all day long. When you get sick, it takes twice as long to recover and you feel 1000 times worse. I can't believe he already gets to go through it!

Britanee Walker said...

no fun for him :( or you! poor guy...he looks like he's handling the treatments well though. what a champ!

D'Laina said...

Eth had to do those breathing treatments for a bit and it was hard he hated it, but he hasn't had to do one in a long time so that's nice! Good luck!

Tara said...

I am sooo sorry for your little boy. I want to talk so I will call soon. Sorry I haven't gotten back to your text - (We)I'm a little crazy here :) Love you lots!!

Tara said...

P.S. Is he reading flash cards while doing his breathing treatment? I am so glad he likes his treatments. Tyler eventually put up with it, but Ryan is a screaming mess whenever we try. I hope he gets better soon.

kelsey and murray said...

poor little guy! he is such a trooper though and i am glad you know whats going on! love ya!

melissa marie said...

Goodness, poor guy. Guess he gets it from his mommma. Good luck! He is such a sweetie.