Monday, September 20, 2010

So Far

Well so far this pregnancy thing hasn't been so much fun. I pretty much knew the day I was pregnant thanks to my chest doubling in size and how bad it hurt. Seriously I don't remember it being like that with Boston. Also I have been throwing up like a crazy person. Usually for me right after I throw up I feel lots better. Nausea and I have been best friends, although our relationship is a little or a lot one sided. I feel like my blatter is already acting as if I am 8 months pregnant, because I pee ALL the time. Tired, well don't even get me started with that one.

I know I just made that sound like this has been the most miserable thing ever which it hasn't, but you get the idea. I am beyond excited to be pregnant. I am starting to have good days and that is good enough for me.

Even though it felt like forever for this to happen I honestly feel like this is perfect timing for us and am very glad that my Heavenly Father has a specific plan for us.

When I went into my first appointment I asked my Doctor what we were going to do to make sure or try not to repeat the whole 5 weeks early thing. At first he suggested doing a Circlouge (sewing me shut down there) but after talking it over and and the fact that my water never broke last time and I ended up have a C-section we decided not to do it as for now. There are alot of things different about this pregnancy than last that he is taking into consideration also such as not working on my feet 10 hours a day, high intensity workouts, and a car accidents. I am considered high risk because of this and the great thing about that is that I get to have a ultra sound every visit to measure the length of my cervix. If there is any change in the length then we are going to go ahead and stitch me up which I REALLY DON'T want to do.

Baby's heart beat and everything else is looking perfect as of now. I was hoping to be able to do a VBAC, but with all this stitching up talk I don't think it will be a possibility. We will see though. As for now Doctors orders are to stay on top of Thyroid stuff (which looks great by the way), Low impact workouts (this is a hard one), no car accidents that lead to a totaled car and me in the Hospital, and be healthy.

We are beyond excited about adding to our family and thank our Heavenly Father everyday for this blessing. My next appointment is on October 6th and I could most likely find out then what we are having, but Trav can't be there so I will probably end up waiting until the 20 week appointment the first week of November. Thanks for all the congrats!

7 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

i'm praying you keep this baby in longer too :) hopefully this baby won't come too soon. i've never heard of being sewn shut down there!! oh my gosh, that sounds awful! praying you don't have to have that either.

Nikki said...

Good luck this go around! I hope things get better with the sickness...ick.

Laurel said...

I hate those feelings at first. You're so beyond excited, but quite frankly feel like crap! And I'm not gonna' lie -- it's really hard being exhausted all the time AND taking care of your older child. You never really get a break.

That said, it's AWESOME!!! The things we go through to enjoy these kids, eh?

Plus, you're ADORABLE pregnant. :)

D'Laina said...

I was gonna try for a VBAC with Brock then went against it...csections are tough to recover from as you know but there not the end of the world! Good luck that's a hard choice. I was super sick with Brock and I wasn't with Ethan so I thought for sure it was a girl and nope another boy so for me it doesn't matter if my pregnancies are totally different.

kelsey and murray said...

I am just so excited for you! I need to call you so we can catch up. I hope and pray that luck is on your side this time with everything.

Shalee said...

SOO happy for you guys! Congrats to all of you. Hope you keep feeling better and better.

Kelly said...

holy smokes! Best post. I am so happy for you guys and glad that everything is looking on the up and up for this new little one. Isnt it amazing how things turn out? You wish and wish for something to happen and then when it does (or doesnt) you see what it was supposed to be like that. The church is true.