Thursday, December 2, 2010

23 Weeks and 6 Days

The facts...
RN- Jane/day Kari/night
Tech- Michelle
Babies heart rate- 142-147 perfect

Well we made it another day. Last night I didn't quit make it to never land. Around 1:30 am I woke up with terrible back back and could tell that my back was going to spasm. I called my nurse and we tried a heating pad which didn't get very hot and was no help at all. They then had to monitor me to make sure the pain wasn't contractions and after that they were able to call my doctor and get pain meeds. By this time it was about 5:00 am and I finally went to sleep for about two hours. So today I have just felt emotionally and physically exhausted. I had a hard day today I couldn't help but think about what Boston was doing all day. The past couple weeks with him have been really hard with changing beds, being sick and what not so I kept thinking and feeling guilty if he was having a bad day. It was so hard that I actually couldn't even call Jamie to see how nit was going. I was in an incredible amount of pain today with my back (all having to do with my previous back injury not really pregnancy related other than the flat bed rest). I was given another pain med, but we have to do everything we can to not take them so that neither myself or the baby gets addicted. My Doctor isn't worried about me so much because he won't ever allow me to take enough, but he can't control how the baby will react to them so I am trying to do completely without so we don't have to worry about that. Obviously if I feel that my back will start spasming I will take something because spasming will only make things worse. My mom brought my heating pad from home which gets really hot and that helped a lot. My hospital one actually came undone and since it was a water one I felt water leak everywhere and almost had a heart attack that my water broke.

The day was very long and I had way too much time to think, but couldn't do much at all to distract myself because I couldn't focus on anything. I know each day will get better and I really look forward to that, because wow days like today and yesterday are a lot!

The not so good today...
Got my bathroom privilege taken away and now have a lovely bedside toliet. Even though the bathroom is maybe 10 steps away from my bed my Doctor said that's 10 upright steps we eliminate
I was really hoping for shower privileges, but that isn't in the plan either. I will get bed baths two to three times a week my first one being tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes :)
I missed my boys like CRAZY!!!
Back pain is NO fun. I work so hard to keep it strong and this bed is throwing it out the window

The good...
Boston was so exhausted tonight when he came to see me that I got some great snuggles
I was able to feed Boston dinner if you count dioritos, yogurt, a hamburger bun, and a strawberry sorbet dinner. If you can't tell we aren't too concerned about his diet at this point
I am able to incline my bed a couple inches every little bit. It actually relieves some lower back pressure
Thanks to two of my best friends Boston was well taken care of and I was able to chat tonight and kinda forget about the long day. Thanks Jamie and Andrea.
Got a picture of Boston making cookies with Jamie. Bawled my eyes out, but made my day at the same time.
Trav stopped at good ole Costco and bought me a memory foam mattress cover. Can't wait to use it tomorrow. I am sure it will be heaven compared to this bed.
My brother in law brought me a braums shake. Ice cream does something magical to me I LOVE it! Thanks Ed.

Tomorrow is milestone stone number one. My nurses keep telling me we are going to have a party. I am sure it will be pretty intense :)

Thank you for your prayers they mean more than you will ever know. If you have a blog that I don't know about let me know I will have plenty of time to stalk you.

13 comments:

melissa marie said...

Oh Teres! I am so sorry you are going through this. Be strong! You are in our prayers.

Craig Wilson said...

Hi, sweetie. I am so excited to see you tomorrow night! Despite the circumstances, it will be great to be with you. Thanks for sharing the blessings you can count. That is a tremendous uplift for us all. As usual, you are our bright and shining light in all of this! The Lord hears and answers prayers. I love you. Mom W.

Cheryl said...

Love you Teresa. Hang in there. I know this isn't any fun but it will be okay. Take care. XOXO :)

kelsey and murray said...

teres you are one strong woman. hang in there, remember that you are so loved and we are praying for you!!!

Britanee Walker said...

i can only imagine the back pain you're going through & i hope it eases up on you to make your stay a little more comfortable. you're husband's such a sweetheart to bring you the iPad & the mattress cover. hopefully that (& the heating pad) will help out. we're keeping you guys in our prayers! we love you & miss you lots.

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Hi Teresa! Sydney and Ellie are praying for Aunt Teresa's baby boy to stay in her tummy and be healthy. You're such an amazing woman and mom. If anyone can make it through this....it's you and Trav. We love you guys so much and are planning on visiting Saturday. Glad you got your ipad and that a foam mattress is on its way. Glad to hear Boston is doing good with your friends. Hope you have a good day. Thanks for sharing what you're grateful for...it helps us all gain better perspective on things.
love you, em, the girls and b*

Ali said...

oh my gosh! I just read your story and feel so bad. I hope everything is okay. I am definitely thinking about you and if I need to drive out to Dallas to help out with Boston I seriously would in a second.

emily+brett said...

oh my goodness teresa! i will pray my heart out for you! this sunday is fast sunday and although i can't fast i will ask brett to. stay strong. my cousin went into the hospital on bed rest at 22 weeks with her twins so i know a little bit about what you're going through. don't worry about boston. he is in good hands. but i understand how crazy you must be going not being able to see him. much love! keep the posts coming.

Bri said...

Teresa, good luck! I am keeping you in my prayers and hoping that baby of yours gets nice and cooked in there for the next little while! :) xo, Briauna
grantbrigoodson.blogspot.com

- jeana said...

hi sweet pea, wish you werent' so dang far away...love ya tons! aunt j

Kylie Blackwell said...

I wont lie, the tears are falling off my face.
I was doing Kelsey's hair when she heard about this from her mom and so therefore, heard through the grapevine!
Kels and I are going to send you some books to read so if you have any that you are wanting to read, let kels know! I have your address so we can send our love package to your house ;)
You are so strong. I love your attitude of taking in the good with the bad. I feel your pain with the whole back thing.I also have a really bad lower back and this pregnancy has made it so bad. I can only imagine what bed rest would be like with a bad back on top of it all.
Thinking of you being away from Boston kills me, It makes me think of leaving Irey, and that's when the tears started.
Hang in there! We will surely be praying for you!
I will be sure to make lots of extra long comments so you have something to do. lol!

melissa marie said...

just thinking of you and hope your ok. you are very loved!

Austyn said...

i love that through all this you continue to look at the bright side, i can imagine it's not easy at times but the reward will be great. i love you and miss you guys like crazy!! love ya, austyn. :)