Friday, December 3, 2010

24 Weeks Milestone #1!!!!!

The facts...
RN- Jane/day Kari/night
Tech- Michelle
Baby heart rate- 142-150 perfect
Uterus monitor- no contractions!



Today was a good day. It was actually kinda busy. I pretty much had someone in my room almost all day. Between doctors, nurses, housekeeping, room service, and friends it was a full day. I didn't have as much time to get lost in my thoughts. Don't get me wrong I still thought about things like not being able to take Boston to see Santa, spending Christmas in the hospital, not being able to decorate the babies room, and what not, but overall a lot better than the past two days.

Today we started monitoring me and the baby twice a day which I really like. It's nice that the baby is monitored so closely because I don't stress about him as much. Knowing that the nurses are watching him throughout the day and the fact that he is moving like crazy is very comforting.

I had my first bed bath today and well let's just say I have lost all shame. I thought I exposed my self when I had Boston, well that was minimal compared to today. Ha ha. To be honest it felt great to be clean I was feeling a little stale. Besides I will take a nice shampoo anytime even if it is in an inflatable sink and all the blood is rushing to my head due to my bed being inclined.

Over all today was a pretty good day and I think the reality is all starting to set in. My head is starting to clear up, which I am sure also has to do with the fact that I actually slept last night. I feel like I will actually be able to get through this thanks to my Heavenly Father and Trav who is the most amazing man ever!!!

The not so good...
Got compression things on my legs they are so annoying, but are preventing blood clots
Being afraid to go #2 in fear of my water breaking. Sorry TMI :)
Hospital food.

The good...
Meeting milestone one
Sharps coming to visit. Love them
Talked to a lot of people today. Sorry if I haven't been able to call or text back my phone has been pretty popular these days
My Mom took Boston to the sand park and cleaned my entire house. I can just picture it and it feels good.
My mother in law got in tonight. Trav is for sure a mommas boy and I know having her here will help him de-stress a little
Ed, Xela, and they boys came by tonight and we got to enjoy chick fila
Trav and I were able to sit in my bed together and just talk. Even if it was only for fifteen minutes it was heaven.

I have so much to be grateful for that it is hard to let all craziness get in the way. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and the love I have felt from him and for my family. We truly are so blessed and even though this is an incredible trial for us we can't doubt how glad we are that I am here and the baby and I are getting the best care we can. We appreciate all the prayers, thoughts, names in the temple, and everything else they mean more than you will ever know. Thank you thank you thank you!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a good day (all things considered...) yesterday. My internet was down so I was dying all day to get on your blog and get the update! I'm glad you had a busy day and plenty of people to keep you company!

I know I sound like a broken record, but let me know what I can do! :) Enjoy having Trav's mom here!

Britanee Walker said...

happy to hear that you had a busy day yesterday! hope today's just as good. i love how positive you are with this situation/trial in your family's lives. you're truly a strong woman/mom & it really does amaze me. thank you for updating! i love being able to know what's going on with you every day. love you!!

tiffany said...

i've been thinking about you non-stop... all of you, Trav, Boston, baby, and the grandma's. i'm so glad Trav's momma is there to help out too. I love her! I think you are amazing. You are super Woman. thank you for the updates. love you.

D'Laina said...

Yay for 24 weeks every day counts right! I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is to sit/lay all day. I have had 2 c-sections and seriously the 5 days in the hospital were so enough! Bed baths huh...I think I would hate that! Well you are in my prayers and I love reading your blog every day so keep posting :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hun I love reading your blog and the inspiration you give me. I wish I still lived there so I could help out. I will keep praying for you and your family. Hope every day gets better!

Unknown said...

Sorry anonymous is me

Aunt Maureen said...

Wish I lived closer so I could help too. Boston would love to play with uncle Roger. They are very close in age!! Love you - you are constantly in our prayers.

Kylie Blackwell said...

I would hate to go #2 too knowing someone was going to clean it up would be enough, let alone fear of your baby falling out!
I am so glad you have SO many friends and family to help! What a blessing.

nicole said...

i didn't have a #2 until i had been in the hospital 8 days. it was awful, and humiliating...and even worse, the one nurse that i did NOT like, happened to be on duty that day...ughhh. and try having to do that upside down...very interesting to say the least.

i just remember having a permanent headache because of all the blood rushing to my head (which was always a good 6-8 inches lower than my feet).

that's fun that trav sat in your bed with you. john slept 5 nights in my hospital bed with me after baby was born. this experience will be such a strength to your already wonderful relationship with each other.

i can't even believe how many memories your post has brought back for me. i remember the doctors even telling me to try really hard not to cough, sneeze, or even laugh. and the day i finally had to go, you know, #2 (haha) they told me not to push...just let it come out on it's own. how does that happen when you're upside down? well it did...after about 45 minutes. (way too much info, i know).
and oh yeah, the bed baths and hair washings. wow...it all seems like such a blur.
i'm so glad you're documenting everything. sure wish we had thought to do that. some of that i guess is better forgotten.

sorry for the memoir...your experience is just taking me back like nothing else has.

love you...and still praying for you.