Saturday, December 4, 2010

24 Weeks 1 Day




The facts...
RN- Jane/day Treesa/night
Babies heart rate- 143-150
Uterus- no contractions

Today was another great but hard day for me. I feel like I have been crying all day. Both because I miss being with my family so much and because I can feel the spirit so close and am overwhelmed with how much love I feel. I just want to be with Trav and Boston all day, but we don't want it to get to the point that he doesn't want to come here. He is having a hard time with all this and doesn't really understand what is going on and why Mommy can't run around with him. He has been reverting back on the potty training which is hard because he refuses to wear a pull up. Things like that make it hard to not be there and he is just completely exhausted. I feel so bad for him.

I spent the day addressing our Christmas cards and watching football. It was kinda lonely, but ended great! Trav, Bobo, my Mother in law, and both Travs brothers and their family came to visit. We enjoyed pizza and my nephews sang me a Christmas song they sang today at the nativity, which just made me cry again. Emily painted my toes and brought a couple things that will be really useful. It was so good to see everyone and spend time with them. Thank you B and Em for coming up and for all you did for us we really appreciate it. After everyone left my Mom got off work and she came over and we watched a chick flick.



When Boston is here he usually wants to spend all his time out playing with all the hospitals toys. It took all his cousins leaving for him to come sit with me. Even though it is only for a couple minutes I LOVE it! I can't stop thinking about how all this is effecting him and it breaks my heart.


I was told today that every day the baby stays inside me he will receive what would take seven days out here. So really every single day is such a huge blessing. I can't begin to express how hard this all is, but our family has been blessed more than I could have ever imagined in these last four days. I feel like Trav and I have such a deeper love and appreciation for each other. I thought he was amazing before, but now I can't even think of a word for how great I really think he is.

The not so good...
Saturdays are hard I miss the family day
My antibiotics are killing my stomach
Addressing Christmas cards didn't take near enough time
Have I mentioned hospital food?
Having three bloody noses because the air is so dry in here

The good and great!
All my family visiting
My mini fridge stocked with food that actually sounds good
Got some new pjs and t-shirts that are cute and comfy
A fresh pine wreath in my room that smells so good
My back is feeling so much better
Falling asleep to friends episodes

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers we really appreciate them.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


3 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

poor Boston! i hope having his Grandma there with him for a few days will help him out. that has to be so heartbreaking and so hard. thank goodness for family. your husband is such a great guy! we keep praying for health & comfort for you guys. this is when we miss you the most! love you lots!

*sidenote-the hospital food i had while admitted for having Rian was so yummy haha! they always had the best food & yummy dessert. totally weird but my 1 hospital experience had food that was better than my cooking. don't know what that says about my cooking... ;)*

Colby and Hilary said...

Teresa, I look forward to your blog post every night!! You are one amazing woman!! I can't imagine how hard this is for you!! I was on bed rest for 7 weeks at the end of my pregnancy and it killed me not being able to play with Kamri!! I cried constantly!! And I was in my own house in my own bed!!! Thinking of you always and praying for you and your miracle baby;)

The Probert Family said...

Still praying for you guys.

What kinds of food sound good these days?