Sunday, December 5, 2010

24 Weeks 2 Days

Another day down! Today was a good day. I had quit a few visitors which always makes time go by faster. One of the best parts of the day was when the priests came to the hospital and gave me the sacrament. Something about seeing those boys come over here to do that just for me and seeing there genuine concern for me made me all the more excited to have boys. I pray that I will be able to raise mine to be just as great. Then of course tonight ended great when Trav and I got to spend some time together just the two of us. I really miss the nights that we would just sit and stare at the TV both completely exhausted from the day. We also were able to read the scriptures together again tonight, which is something that neither of us have been able to do the last couple days together because our brains have been too crazy to focus.

The baby has been one very active boy today. I seriously was a little worried that he was kicking too hard. This place has got me terrified to sneeze, laugh too hard, or cough so I thought for sure the kicking would do me in. They took me off the antibiotics today in hopes that me stomach would settle down. My doctor said that usually he can get a week out of his patients on the medicine before it does them in. I am a weakling when it comes to antibiotics they always kill my stomach. I have been really nausea's and dizzy today. I was afraid I was going to throw up, but luckily good ole milk of magnesia and a great home cooked meal came to the rescue. I missed my little man today so much. We decided that he needed a day to just be home and see if it would help him out. He did so much better going potty and seemed to be very happy having Daddy and Grandma's full attention today. Not saying he was a charm today because I think it was still ruff, but I do think being home was good for him.

People keep asking me how I am making it through this. My only answers are of course my family and faith and hope. I remember the day I got checked in Trav and I just kept telling each other we have got to have faith. A friend of my sister in laws had their little guy at 23 weeks. I remember I had Boston a couple months after he was born and I remember how crazy everything was for them, but always being so in awe with how great they were doing and how strong they were. They told me hope proceeds faith, faith proceeds miracles, and miracles do happen. I have hope in a miracle and faith in my Heavenly Father that he knows what's best. My old relief society president came by today and left me some talks that she was using in her lesson today. One talk was " A more excellent hope" by Elder Russell M. Nelson. A lot of things stood out to me in the talk, but my favorite quote is "A more excellent hope is mightier than an wistful hope. Hope fortified by faith and charity, forges a force as strong as steel. Hope becomes an anchor to the soul." I feel like I am anchored by hope and have no doubt that however this turns out my faith has become stronger and therefore my hope has increased. Hope is essential to faith and faith is essential to hope.

14 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

I haven't checked your blog for a couple of days and just read all your updates. I am so sorry. When I was pregnant with my twins I spent 3.5 weeks in the hospital and it was very hard. You have such a wonderful attitude and so many great people around to help you. Hang in there. I wish I lived closer and there was someting more I could do but I will definitely remember you and your sweet little family in my prayers.

Tara said...

I love you and we prayed and fasted for you today too. Keep staying mentally stong! You are doing great! Do you feel like reading and need any good books?

jenna said...

how did i miss all this? like honestly, where have i been?!?! you poor poor thing. i know the stress of an early baby....but in your 24th week? you have to be a ball of nerves. and bed rest....ISN'T as fun as it sounds is it?! you're going to do this. i know you will. you're strong. i'm keeping you in my prayers tonight and always.

jenna said...

p.s. i had the steroid shot with quinn and i wanted to DIE. how painful is it?! i mean, it feels like acid is being spread through your hip!

Britanee Walker said...

i couldn't fast for you yesterday but i definitely prayed & kept you in my thoughts. how great that the Priests from your ward came out to you! i was wondering how you'd get it (i thought Trav would do it). glad your day was better & that Boston had an easier day at home with Grandma & Trav. love you!

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Teresa...Emily sent me her sign-on info for your blog so I could keep up-to-date on your progress. So glad that you are feeling a bit better. I put your name in the LA Temple on Thursday...and want you to know that we are thinking of you and praying for your entire family. It's wonderful that Mary Lynne is able to be there for a few days...and that you have so much love and support from friends and family. Take care...and know that we are thinking of you! Lovingly, Lynne

Kylie Blackwell said...

You are awesome! Inspiring really. I am remembering not to complain as much, my husband thanks you, lol!
Glad your hanging in there!

Karissa Kay said...

Teres I think about you everyday! Thanks for updating so often. I'm so glad that little guy has stayed in there. I'll keep praying for you guys!

Karissa Kay said...

P.S. you should do some online shopping to occupy your time! You deserve it. :)

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Thanks for the update Teresa. So glad you and Trav just had time together...that was much needed I'm sure. Those antibiotics didn't sound fun, glad you're off of them. Those are inspiring quotes you found...thanks for sharing. Hope you have another good day. love, em*

tiffany said...

i can't stop thinking about you guys. i think you are such a trooper, and i'm so proud of you and your good attitude. Thank you for sharing your testimony and sweet perspective! Hang in there! love ya!

K. Bitton said...

What a wonderful day full of hope. I'm glad to hear your spirits are high. Positive energy:) I was telling my friend, who has had serious complications with her last two pregnancies, about your situation and she said that if you wanted her e-mail I could give it to you. She was able to go 39 weeks with only a 3 inch square of her placenta attached to her uterus. Her little boy is a miracle baby. Anyway, if you wanted to ask her any questions or hear her story I can give you her e-mail. Just let me know. It sounds like you have your priorities on a miracle which will make it possible. We keep you in our prayers, love ya!

Ashley said...

I keep thinking about you guys every day! I'm glad you had a good day! You are such a great example to many of us! I would love to come see you sometime. Just let me know when would be good for you! My email is ashjones7@gmail.com. You and your sweet family are in our prayers! Hang in there!

Rene said...

I missed seeing you walk into step today at the gym (I'm sure you'd rather be there). Thinking of you often. Hang in there.