Sunday, December 26, 2010

The last week

Cant believe it's been a week since I last updated. To say this past week has been a little crazy is an understatement. I don't really remember what all happened So I will just update what we are all doing.



(cute little hairy boy sucking on his bink)

Carter-
He has had a pretty good week. Things have been stable, but not progressing. We never ended up doing the picc line because he started to eat alot moreand they thought they could do without it. He is up to full feeds 15ml or half an ounce. He tolerates them really well and is able to digest things great. His heart/pda has been slowly digressing back to where it was before the first round of medication. He has been swinging all over the place on his oxygen levels. The doctor thinks this is do to his PDA. He also started to cough up blood in his ventilator. They were worried that it might be a pulmonary hemmorage, but thankfully his x-rays have shown that it isn't. They are not sure why he is bleeding, but think it is either from irritation from the ventilator or there is a small tear in his throat that might have come from when they had to put a new tube in.
The plan going forward is to do heart surgery tomorrow to close up the hole in his heart. We are so nervous for this, but ready to do it because it isn't allowing him to progress. They will have to completely cut off his feedings for a couple days so hopefully he will tolerate them as well after the surgery as he does now. They said the first couple days after the surgery can be very difficult for him. The doctor told us it will definitely set us back, but will hopefully help him spring forward. Please pray for our little guy and the doctors.






(dad really is your favorite)


(tugging on your vent. Dad and I thought you actually looked a little chubby in this picture. As chubby as a two pounder can look)


(you always manage to kick your legs out and relax. Boston did that when he was in the NICU too)

Boston-
What can I say, but this little guy keeps us laughing. He definitely knows how to make us smile when times are tuff. Speaking of tuff, Boston can be really tuff these days. Poor little guy is so confused. We feel so bad for him and wish we could help him make sense of all this. Some things that always make him happy are donut runs with dad, his bike and scooter, Rene' days (my friend that watches him he LOVES her)



(Boston is a sprikles only kinda donut boy)

Trav-
Somehow he is still able to be superman. I don't know how he does it, but he does it well. It was so nice to have him home for a long weekend. Poor guy is crazy busy this time of year at work trying to get in all the year end stuff. I know feel torn wanting to be two places I can't imagine how he feels being gone all day. I love him so much he is my rock. There is no way I could make it through this without him.

Me-
This past week was pretty crazy. I was still pretty annoyed that I wasn't healing as fast. On Wednesday I was in with Carter and it hurt so bad to stand up that I decided I would just walk over to my Doctors and have him check it out. They took me right back and found that I had a cyst that ruptured on my ovary. They were concerned that I might have appendicitis also and told me to come bad Thursday morning to check on it. That night we took Boston to see Santa and I was not feeling very good at all. Later that night I started to throw up and felt awful. I had cold sweats all night and was anxious to go to the doctor to figure it out. We went back in on Thursday morning and he sent me down to the ER to get a CT scan and figure out what was up. Long story short I ended up having surgery to remove some infection from the cyst, infection from an abses on my appendix and a hematoma. When all was said and done it was Thursday evening and tomorrow was Christmas eve. My doctor told me that I would be in the hospital 48-72 hours. I told him that one of the bright sides of me being out of the hospital was that I could spend Christmas at home with my family so he better figure out how to get me out of here tomorrow. Christmas eve came and I was in quite a bit of pain, but feeling great otherwise. My doctor came in and checked me out and said do you want to go home? I started to cry and said c-ya. At this point it wasn't even 24 hours after surgery and I could not be happier to be home. The first couple days after I was pretty sore, but now I feel better than I did before the surgery. I get my drain out on Tuesday and then hopefully I will be all done with me and the hospital.




4 comments:

Kylie Blackwell said...

Cannot believe what you guys are going through! I am just in awe!
You keep me very humble and help me count my blessings.
You guys are a amazing family.
Thinking about ya and hope all will go well with Carter's surgery and you start to heal from everything YOU have been going through!

Britanee Walker said...

i hope & pray that you start to recover from everything you've gone through! i love reading your blog posts, thanks for updating as frequently as you do. it helps us know what's going on while we're all out here. your posts also humble me & help me appreciate our family life here & my pregnancy so far. we continue to pray for Carter & you guys! we love you!

Laurel said...

Holy crap, Teresa! I'm so glad that Carter's surgery went well! At the same time I feel so badly that YOU can't just heal! Hopefully that's the end of surprises for you. Still praying for your for your guy!

Kelly said...

holy smokes, I am just catching up on the last week. Sheesh!! You are amazing, Teres. How do you do it? You are so strong. I love you.