Friday, February 11, 2011

Two Months



I can't believe it has already been another month. Where do I even begin? I guess a catch up is probably a good start. Carter is doing great! Last Friday they tried to ext abate him again and he was not having it. He only lasted an hour and a half. Trav and I were pretty bummed. It didn't last long though, because then we start talking about all the amazing things Carter has overcome and we know he will eventually overcome the dang vent. One of the Doctors told us that they don't start to worry about the babies being on the ventilator until 36 weeks. Well today Carter is 34 weeks and they aren't going to try to ext abate him until next week around 35 weeks, which means he really needs to last next time. His vent settings are really low. So low that they can't bring them down much further, which is great and frustrating at the same time. We don't understand how they can be so low and him not do well on cpap. Please pray for the little man that he will be able to to last on cpap we really need to get past this stage. Every time he fails cpap we push his coming home time back so we are very anxious. Put the ventilator aside and he is rocking it! He loves his food and tolerates it so well. They are giving him 42cc's over 90 minutes. Sometimes I wonder how he will be able to take a bottle in a short amount of time.
(crazy nurse Ann posing him with all his stuffed animals. If there has ever been a picture with him next to that pooh bear Ann was sure to be the nurse he had that day. She LOVES that thing)
He is also becoming quite the chunk. Seriously he weighs 5 pounds 3.3 ounces. Everyday we go in and see his new weight we are shocked. He is seriously packing on the weight. He is becoming so much more alert and I love it! His dark eye's get me every time. A little while ago whenever I would go in there and look at him I would see a splitting image of Travis. I started to doubt that I had anything to do with the making of him until I remembered I was actually pregnant. Recently though I am starting think he looks so much like Boston. The nurses keep telling me also that they think he looks like Boston. His eyes look like they are turning blue and he has the same cute nose as Boston. I am not totally convinced that he will ever have blonde hair, but who knows. We are so proud of him. Not an hour goes by that we don't thank our Heavenly Father for him and the blessing that he has been in our lives.



To celebrate almost two months Daddy finally got to hold Carter. Trav was way too nervous to hold him when he was so so tiny and then everything happened with his crib mate getting RSV and then he got staf and nurses thought it was best I hold him to help get the antibodies in the milk to help him fight infection. Trav was ready and let me tell you it was one of the happiest moments we have had in a long time. Trav couldn't control his grin and I was in Mommy heaven. Carter I am pretty sure was loving it the most. He was wide eyed and zoomed right into Trav's eyes. Cutest thing EVER!!!

Carter you are such a fighter! Stay strong little man you will be home before we know it.

11 comments:

Tara said...

I loved being there with you!! You and Trav are amazing and wonderful and I am so glad that I got to be there with you over the weekend. Love you both soooo much!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh he is Cute! Is that red hair I see? Maybe not probably brown.

About Me said...

ok, my favorite picture so far! Travis and Carter. I really started to cry. Happy day! I am so excited and love to be able to see him when ever. Love you guys. :)

K. Bitton said...

What a beautiful sight! I love to hear that he is growing Teresa! You and Travis are such wonderful parents. Carter and Boston are blessed:)

Rene said...

He is getting huge! 5 lbs is amazing. Looking forward to him kicking that vent to the curb!

kelsey and murray said...

I love the pictures!!! He is getting so big!!! I think he looks like Boston too. I hope you know that you guys are in my thoughts all of the time. Of course, they are all positive. I love you.

Love, Cheryl :)

D'Laina said...

5 lbs wow that is awesome! He is so cute in his little clothes! I hope he gets to come home soon I bet you are dying!

Alec said...

So stoked to hear that thugs are getting better! We will keep praying for all of you guys, so just keep smiling.

Kelly said...

wow!! He IS such a chunk :) i love him. He is so sweet!!! I cant believe how big he is getting!!! Cason was born at just over 6 pounds! I miss you guys.

tiffany said...

i love those pictures. I'm loving the chunker cheeks he is getting! What a special moment too for Trav to get to cuddle him. so sweet. love you guys! Keep your chin up! He'll get there!

the hills said...

we have not stopped thinking about you guys, you are definitely being prayed for. what a sweet sweet boy!