Monday, April 11, 2011

4 months and coming home


Cant believe he is 4 months old today!!! Seriously December seems like such a long time ago. Over the last week Carter has made huge improvements. When he tired out on trach collar last week they started him doing 6 hours on trach collar 2 hours on CPAP vent for him to rest and recover. They did that for two days then went to 10 on collar 2 on vent and then 11 on collar and 1 on vent. Then on Sunday he got switched to full time trach collar. He is doing so great. His gas this morning was the best that it has been since surgery so we were very happy to see that. His Doctors were also. So happy in fact that they are sending us home on MONDAY!!! I can't even begin to fathom what it will be like. I can't wait for Boston to meet Carter. He seriously talks about him all day. Speaking of Boston he was telling me the other day that Carter will say..... to him I don't remember what it was, but I told him that Carter has a owie in his neck and he can't make any noise or cry or talk. He got very sad and said, "but how will he talk to me" I just told him that we will figure it out and that we can watch his face to see if he is happy or sad. A couple minutes later he came to me all excited and said "I have an idea I can teach Carter my Baby Signing times things" he then decided he needed to watch signing times to practice. Probably the cutest thing ever!

Anyways happy 4 months little man you are absolutely amazing and we can't wait for you to come home!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow that Boston just made me cry. Seriously he is such a good big brother. I will be thinking about you guys all week. Just like I do all the time. We are so excited for Carter to meet Boston too. Love you lots!!

tiffany said...

Made me totally cry too! What a sweetheart. I can't wait for them to meet!! Good luck! So so excited for your cute little family! loves!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Go Carter!!!! <3

Curt & Cassie Ford said...

You just love to get me crying don't you :) That is the sweetest thing. I think is amazing to watch my kids look out for each other and become best friends! I'm so happy you get to have your sweet family all together. You are such a power house and an example of strength. Thank you for touching my heart through your blog. I feel a grow as a mother each time I read your posts.

Bethany said...

Boston is going to be such a good big brother!! How exciting you get to bring Carter home! You are the best Mommy ever!