Saturday, April 30, 2011

Showered

I seriously have the best family and friends ever!!! When we found out Carter was going to need to get a trach we knew that we would need to get him quite a bit of stuff. My friends threw me a shower so we decided we would wait to get what we needed until after the shower. What did I end up buying?

If you only knew the list of things that we had to buy you would be shocked that this was all I came home with. I seriously got every single thing off of my registry besides lotion and binki's. I cried on the way to the shower, I cried at the shower quite a few times, and I cried after the shower. I can't believe how blessed we are. Heavenly Father has definitely taken care of us through all these amazing people. I have such a hard time letting people help me. I am very independent (more on this later) it can be a good and bad thing. I am learning how to let people serve me and gosh you would have thought I had learned it and accepted it by now. Carter has very specific needs when it comes to clothing, blankets, you name it. For instance everything needs to be button up so that t doesn't get in the way of his trach. It can't be zip up because then we can't access his feeding tube without keeping him open during his 30-60 minute feed. His blankets have to be very light weight and breathable and big enough to swaddle him so that during the night he doesn't mess with his trach and he can breath should they get in the way. Also all his clothing, blankets, bedding, really anything he touches has to be washed and changed out every 24 hours to prevent infection since his trach provides a direct opening to his lungs. We've got to keep those lungs healthy since we worked so hard to get them to were they are. Every single gift I received fit into that criteria. It was amazing! My Aunt put together the most incredible photo movie of Carter's journey. It brought back so many memories. There were pictures that brought back so many memories of hard days when I wondered if we were even going to be able to bring our little guy home. It is something I will love forever. (I will try to figure out how to put it on here)
Now here is a collage of a bunch of awkward pictures.

The biggest surprise of the night was this baby!!!!

Remember the stroller I said I needed to convince Travis was a need not a want, well this is it. Terrible picture, but it is absolutely the best stroller ever! It's the Phil and Teds Explorer. So a double stroller was a need not to cary my two boys, but to cary Carter and all his stuff. We would have ended up getting a double, but probably not one this nice at all. I was beyond shocked that I got it. Because of this stroller I feel like I don't have to be stuck inside all the time. Travis and I are definitely one's that like/need to get out so this is an adjustment for us and now we feel like we have a little more freedom.

Laura and Rene thank you so much everything was perfect!!! Thanks everyone who came.

3 comments:

Bri said...

You are so cute Teresa and I am so happy for you that your little Carter is home!! BTW, we have that stroller and love it too. It's a great one. I hope you're doing well adjusting! What a blessing these babies are! :)love, bri

Camille said...

I would have loved to have helped out! Is there anything else you need?!! Please let me know. I'm serious. I am glad you have so many surrounding you to love and lift you up. Angels do surround us!

Britanee Walker said...

that is seriously amazing Teresa! i love that stroller! glad you're able to get out & about easier with Carter. so happy he's home with you guys. love you!