Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fragile

Last night we were reminded just how fragile life is. One of Carter's crib mates a sweet little boy named Colt passed away. He gave a tough fight and after seven months his journey here ended. Trav and I both took the news pretty hard. We sat there looking at Carter and just cried we couldn't believe it. It most definitely put things into perspective for me. There are times during the day that I am so exhausted, sick of lugging around all his equipment, loosing faith on the whole bottle feeding thing, and wanting to be free to take him where ever when ever, and this was a huge reminder of the absolute miracle that Carter is. I already know this and thank my Heavenly Father daily for him, but it just reminded me that it could be worse so so much worse. Please say a prayer for his sweet family I can't imagine the devastation they are feeling.

5 comments:

Rene said...

We'll keep Colt's family in our prayers. What a devestaqting loss; I can only imagine the pain. So grateful Carter was allowed to stay with your family and am grateful for his progress.

Kelly said...

omg sad!! Im tearing up just reading this! Im so glad Carter is doing so well. love you guys.

K. Bitton said...

Sometimes we all need those reminders. I'm also glad things turned out so well for you guys. Carter is a lucky boy!

Karissa Kay said...

that is devastating. how horrible for that poor family. i can't even imagine. makes you count your blessings for sure!

melissa marie said...

my goodness i can't imagine how you must be feeling. i cried reading this post and i'm not even involved. that poor family. you must be feeling very blessed and loved. what a miracle boy.