Tuesday, May 31, 2011

a Name and a Blessing


On Sunday Travis was able to give Carter a name and a blessing. It was such a great experience for us. I remember praying the whole time Carter was in the Hospital that we would never have to hurry and give him a blessing, because we weren't sure if we would be able to after. To be able to bless him at church was absolutely amazing! It was so normal and felt so good to be able to do it in front of our ward who has been nothing short of AMAZING!

One of the reason's that I wanted to be able to bless him after the hospital other than family being able to be present was that I was hoping he would be able to wear the blessing outfit Boston wore. It's the same one that my Uncles, brothers, cousins and pretty much all the boys on my Mom's side of the family wore when they were blessed. I think it is such a great tradition. I love the thought of something that special being shared for generations.

Trav did such a great job. He was beyond nervous, which is so not him. When he sat down he was already saying that he wished he would have said more. Lucky for him Carter hasn't and I don't think ever will have a shortage of needs for blessings. It was so special to me to have my Brother there. He is the only Priesthood member in my immediate family and I was beyond happy to have him be a part of it.

We sure love our sweet little Miracle boy. He is such a blessing in our lives and pretty much everyone who meets him lives as well for that matter. There is something so special about him. I feel very blessed to be a Mom to two sweet boys. Life really doesn't get much better than this.

*I am lacking on lots of pictures, but will post them when I get them from my Father in-laws camera.

12 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

such a cute little guy! i love that he wore the same outfit as Boston (& all the other guys). i didn't know that all the boys have worn it. i LOVE that Kels surprised you & was able to be there for the blessing...that's awesome! love you guys xoxo

Ashley said...

He is darling Teresa!!! Love the tradition of the blessing outfit. Very neat. You guys look great!

Karissa Kay said...

I love that he was able to wear that same blessing outfit! How special. Sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend. I'm so happy for you. And Carter is just precious! I want to squeeze him. (but not too hard.) ;)

K. Bitton said...

I love how grateful you are for such blessings. You are an amazing mom and I love hearing about these sweet moments. I love Carter's cheeks! He looks like such a sweet baby.

Colby and Hilary said...

So exciting! Carter is so adorable! Can I eat his cheeks please!!

PS. Your hair... SO CUTE!

melissa marie said...

very exciting. i don't know if i'm remembering correctly but it seems carter looks alot like boston did as a baby. so cute. looks like you guys are doing well.

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you had this special day. I wish we could have been there to share it with you. He is getting so big. I love you guys. :)

kelsey and murray said...

what a great day for your family! carter looks great and i agree with meliss he looks a lot like boston!

tiffany said...

so special! what a sweet little man! I'm so glad things are going well for your cute little family!!

The Probert Family said...

I cannot believe all of his dark hair. It makes him look so much older!

I'm so glad you were able to have this special day. DJ was so happy to be there.

Such a handsome boy in a special blessing outfit!

Camille said...

This is precious and priceless and I am sooo happy for you! He's so beautiful and a true little miracle. Love you guys!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

He is a little miracle, and such a cute one! I'm so happy it was able to work out this way, what a special day for all of you :)