Monday, July 11, 2011

Seven


Today our little peanut is SEVEN months old. I really can't believe it. I am starting to get really anxious for him to do more things. I feel like he has been a newborn forever. He pretty much has, but I am ready for him to start rolling and moving around more. I don't know how ready he is, but we will get there. He is hanging on to that last touch of oxygen and isn't giving it up too freely. I have him completely off it for a good portion of the day. His trach mist machine that he is on at night kinda bugs him so I don't think he will be getting off his night oxygen for a while which is no problem for me, but I am excited to have him completely off it during the day, because it means NOTHING would be connected to him unless he is getting fed. Speaking of feeding we still are not having much luck with the whole bottle thing. We have said from the beginning that we would do everything we could for Carter and exhaust all options before moving on. Well it has pretty much left me exhausted as well. Here in the next month we will be starting vital stimulation which is a sort of therapy that will shock his neck muscles to make them stronger and encourage him to swallow better. We will go in to get it done four days a week for two months then check for improvement. If there isn't enough we will do another round. Thinking of that makes me really tired. Ha.

Here are some fun things about our little man.
+ He has turned into a smiling fool and I LOVE it!
+ His legs don't stop moving unless he is asleep. Always kicking!
+ He LOVES his snuggly so much. He has it by him pretty much all day and most the time is covering his face completely.

+ He weighs around 13 lbs
+ He wakes himself up alot when he farts. It is the funniest thing ever! Usually he will cry for two seconds and go right back to sleep.
+ He loves sleeping on his tummy. We only let him do it during the day because at night he is on the mist machine
+ He does the bottom lip pout which I am such a sucker for
+ He is a Momma's boy
+ Still loves to be outside
+ He is so so so sweaty
+ He actually plays with toys now when on his play mat thing
+ He gets pretty annoyed by Boston and is quick to let him know when he needs to get out of his space. Boston is loving the reaction he gets when he pesters him and is now doing it ALL THE TIME! Ahh so annoying, and actually pretty funny too.

He is such a chill little boy. We love him so much. He makes us all so very happy. Has it really been seven months!!! Crazy I tell ya.

No comments: