Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Preschool

So excited for Preschool
First day of Preschool August 30th, 2011

I don't know how it happened, but my little boy is old enough to go to school. On Friday night we had his meet the teacher night. We have had this marked on the calendar for weeks and he has been beyond excited for it to come. Trav and I decided that we would make it a special night for him and do an ice cream date just the three of us after. He was so excited when we pulled up to his school. He found his name badge and headed off to the red room to find his teachers. Mrs. Lori and Mrs. Sie are his teachers this year. He showed us all around the school and had such a fun time playing at the playground and inside at all the activity tables. He was in Heaven when we left. At yogurtville they had a local musician playing music and I guess Boston was having a big time preschool high because he did something that was so out of his character. Trav and I were rolling watching him dance around for everyone. If Boston is around people he knows he will do whatever his little heart desires with not an ounce of shyness, but put him in front of strangers by himself and can be pretty shy. So for him to put on this show was definitely something new especially since people were watching and he knew it.
*He definitely gets his moves from his Dad no joke if Trav were to do this exact dance they would look identical!

Getting his special Priesthood blessing the day before school started
Boston and Mrs. Lori at meet the Teacher night

Fast forward to yesterday the very anticipated day of going to school sans Mom and Dad. We could tell he was a bit nervous, but beyond excited at the some time. He was literally chanting "wahoo for preschool" all the way there. Trav and I walked him into he class and he was a little hesitant for us to leave. His teacher showed him a toy and that was all he needed to send us on our way.
Mrs. Sie showing Boston toys on the first day

His school is in a little red barn and is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. They have ponies and lambs for the kids to ride and feed on special days. We found out when we got there that the pony lady was coming to take all the kids on a pony ride. That is when reality set in for me. I have always been there for the big things and this was going to be the first time I missed out on things he was doing. I wanted nothing more than to be able to just sit back and watch him all day. Luckily I had a busy day so 2:00 came quickly. I couldn't wait to hear ALL about his day. In true Boston fashion when I asked him to tell me all about it this was all I got "It was so exciting! The Ponies pooped rocks and I pushed my peener down so I got all my waters in the toilet!" I was waiting for details like what activities he did, who did he play with, did he like his teacher, and how was my most feared lunch time. Like always he will fill you in on the details when he is ready to talk about it so we don't usually push for them. I found out through out the day that he made a special headband with markers and glitter that he will get to wear on his special birthday, he played with lots of kids and him and Owen raced down the slides at recess, a girl named Addison cried for her Mom the whole day and she didn't listen to him when he said "don't worry Mommies always come back", and we heard him sing a cute song about "Little Harts Preschool". About 15 minutes after we got home he asked what we were going to do now. I told him we could play whatever he wanted to which he replied "can I go back to school". I guess he decided that school is way more fun than Mom. He has asked about school all day today so it looks like Tuesday to Thursday will be a long wait and I'm sure Thursday to Tuesday will seem like a lifetime for him.
Waiting to go into school. Must make note of the silly bands on his ankels. He has talked about wearing silly bands to school for over a year since his cousin Porter got some for school last year. He had to wear them on his ankel because that is how Rylee wears them.

I am so excited for him! I think preschool will be so good for him. He is smart, very smart actually so for us sending him to school to learn numbers, letters, and colors was not important. He needs school for the social side of it. He tends to get very shy and singles himself out when there are lots of kids around. He gets intimidated when there are alot of kids around and if I don't "play" with him and the other kids he gets very nervous. I was so nervous about such a long day 9-2:00. We had originally signed him up for 9-12:00, but with Carter's therapy there was no way we would be able to work out rides and such every day. He still naps daily for 2-3 hours, but yesterday did great! I also have been so worried about lunch time. As I have mentioned before Boston definitely would not win any awards for his eating. I packed him a great lunch with a sandwich cut out in the shape of a dolphin thinking it would be fun for him to eat. Like he always does Boston ate every last bite of sides and didn't even touch the main thing. He had such a great day and it made Trav and I so happy that he loved it so much.

*Wish us luck on the germs that come with preschool. We have a goal to keep little brother out of the hospital this fall and winter and those germs definitely wont be on our side.


Picture drawn on the first day of school.

5 comments:

tiffany said...

i'm dying about his quote about school! haha. I love him! How exciting! Good luck to all of you! love ya!

Craig Wilson said...

It was so fun to read! thanks! Thanks for sharing!

Ashlee said...

Oh I love him! I'm so glad that he had fun at his new school. Good luck with the germs, we're praying for zero germs this year!

jenna said...

He is so darling. Just reading 'meet the teacher night' is crazy!! Can't believe he is that big.

Rene said...

I love him so much! I love his teachers too. I was in a ward with Mrs. Lori and she is a doll and Sae is awesome. What a fun school for kids. Almost makes me wish I had a little one again.