Friday, December 9, 2011

The ONE time I ran 10 miles

(ignore the morning china eyes)

A couple months before Thanksgiving I decided that I wanted to do something for myself and for whatever reason I decided that would be to run in the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning. Trav and I were both going to do it. We would take turns each night to go run and train. I got up to 5 miles and then Carter got sick and there was absolutely no running going on at our house. The Turkey Trot I signed up for was an 8 miler. I figured what the heck I ran 5 miles and felt mostly good I could do three more. Thanksgiving morning came and I couldn't believe I was about to do it with not running at all for three weeks. Trav stayed home with the boys and I headed up with my Mom. Long story short I ended up running 10 miles and surprisingly to me was able to do it at a 10min/mile pace the whole time (slow poke I know). It was aweful!!! My body actually felt fine, but I had some serious head battles going on. I kept telling myslef the whole time how aweful this was. I seriously thought about cutting it short a million times. After all was said and done I thought the fact that I went 10 miles was pretty great, but that was it. There was nothing I enjoyed about that experience well besides the fact that I was with my Mom and she LOVES stuff like that. So to all you people who say just start running or complete a race and you will be addicted your CRAZY!!! I obviously need to work on the head part of this whole running thing seeing as I am signed up for a 1/2 marathon in June. For my Mom's 50th B-day she wants all her kids to complete a race with her. She will be doing the full which pretty safe to say I will never do. She rocks!


Ha do I look like death or what crossing that finish line. ;)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

WAY TO GO!!! The farthest I've ever ran is 7 miles. I'm still debating about that half in June with ya.... Seattle would be the best place to run one I think... We'll see. If you can do 10, you can certainly do 13.1! Great job!