Friday, July 6, 2012

How did I forget?!?!?!

I can't believe I forgot to blog about the amazing little three day getaway Trav and I had. A friend from Trav's work offered for us to stay in their parents lake house in east Texas. We figured that a couple days in a lake house for free would sure beat the ridiculous amount of money we were going to spend on a hotel in Dallas. Boy were we right. It was amazing! Not only was the house perfect, the lake was absolutely gorgeous and I think we could have driven around on the jet ski's all day looking at the beautiful homes.
 Pretty amazing view to wake up to.
 Lots of relaxing time.


 We were timing ourselves to see how fast we could kayak from one side of the lake to the other, when I jumped up on to the dock to go turn off the timer I jammed my shin into the edge. It immediately swelled up to the size of a golf ball. Big time ouchie and definitely not a pretty scar. For the record our fastest time was 18 minutes. We had fun and were only a little sore after ;)
 We spent hours driving these all over looking at dream homes. 

 Watching the sunset on the dock. SO pretty!
The back of the amazing lake house.

Of course we missed the boys so we made sure to send them movies of us doing weird things. I can't find my video, but one thing for sure I have kinda become a scardy cat over the years. I would not have thought twice about jumping off the boat house before, but it made me pretty nervous. 

We had such a great time! It's pretty amazing how a couple days away from everything can really recharge your battery. 

No comments: