Monday, October 1, 2012

Boys Rooms

Looking back through Trav's photo albums growing up he always loves the pictures of his home or his room. It's fun for him to remember things how they were. I remember what my house looked like. I remember what my room looked like, but I will never be able to show pics to my kids of my sponge painted walls with a floral border, floral bedding, floral pillows, floral light and what not so I wanted to document the boys rooms if by any chance their kids someday love to look at pics of their dads room like Boston and Carter do.

With that said I used to always dream of having a home to decorate. Now I just dream of having money to decorate it.  Since a good majority of our extra money goes to medical bills, sports, school and what not we have had a great time putting our house together with very little money and making most everything with our own two hands.
 Carter's room was what we used for therapy while he was still in the NICU. Trav hand painted those walls WITH OUT tape! I still can't believe it.  It was what we worked on when the other would spend time at the NICU every night. I made his bedding and quilt and was pretty impressed that it actually turned out with my below average sewing skills. His room came together SO slow, but we were in no rush especially since he wouldn't even be using his room for months after he came home.  
Boston's room is still not what I envisioned it to be. The problem is that I didn't and still don't have a vision. I made his bedding which in the beginning was going to be "so much cheaper" than buying what I liked. We all know how that goes. I ended up paying someone to quilt it which made the "cheap" bedding not so cheap in the end. He still has not dust ruffle and no pillows that go on top. I figure that once he can actually make his bed nicely we can think about adding decorative pillows. Trav made his headboard which I love. Most importantly it has what he wanted in it sports stuff. Complete with the jersey in the ridiculous protective case that Trav wont take it out of and signs on the door. 

I sure do love the two little boys who sleep in those rooms. They make me so happy and I know that they could care less how their rooms look so I am completely fine with them being not finished. After all Boston wont stop talking about sharing a room with Carter so these rooms most likely wont be this way for too long anyways.

No comments: