Thursday, October 25, 2012

Not for those with a weak stomach....




Here is a pic from yesterday of his incision (and trach hole. I don't think I have ever put a pic of the hole on here sorry if it makes you want to vomit, but its a very normal thing at our house) on his neck that is infected. Obviously the left side is where the infection started. I won't even post a pic of what it looks like today. It is too nasty and Trav doesn't even want to see it so if figure most won't either. Your just going to have to trust me when I say it's pretty darn bad :) today about 3/4 of the incision is open from the infection trying to get out. SO gross!

We are back at Children's in Plano thankfully. I hate Dallas it's too big and too far. They have started him on some pretty heavy IV antibiotics. We are still waiting for the cultures to come back from the lab to find out specifically what he has. He will do the antibiotics six times a day and they last for two hours.

We saw this coming and are not at all surprised to be here. I feel like when I say it's he whole surgery thing was too good to be true that I am lacking faith. Maybe I am, but with Carter things just never seem to go that smooth. We are glad we are here to kick this infection in the butt and try to get his wound healed as best as possible.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

tiffany said...

poor guy. Poor you and Trav too. I'm thinking about you all the time, and your sweet family is definitely in our prayers. hugs to all of you. PS I don't think it's a lack of faith. Maybe it's Heavenly Father's way of preparing you that there was a little more to come. You amaze me! Hugs! :-) Tiffany