Thursday, October 25, 2012

Good Scar Bad Scar

When I had surgery after Carter was born I remember one of the nurses in the ER told me that my C-section scar was beautiful. I wanted to smack her. I kept thinking there is no such thing as a beautiful scar. It only took a couple weeks for me to realize what she was talking about. Carter got staff infection on his scar where he had heart surgery. When a scar gets infected the infection usually has to be scrapped/cut out (like with his heart one) or it opens the incision and drains out (like his neck one). His heart surgery scar is pretty nasty these days it just didn't heal well after infection. His scar that goes down the middle of his stomach on the other hand is a "beautiful" scar. It has healed so good and we almost don't even realize it is there anymore.

I was really hoping for a beautiful scar for the incision on his neck. The incision itself would have left a good scar especially after they close up the trach hole. With this dang infection it doesn't stand a chance of leaving a "beautiful" scar. This is the one I have worried about the most as far as getting teased and what not. Good thing for plastic surgery right?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Camille said...

Oh that poor baby. It kills me. I am so sorry. I just pray he will soon be on the mend and all this stuff that has become so "normal" for your sweet family quickly becomes "not normal."

And someday I just wanna hang out with you because you inspire me more than you know. And I think our kids would be besties.