Monday, November 19, 2012

Chores

I have been trying to get things a little more organized around this house. I felt like I had this huge list of things I wanted to do, but with therapy, doc appointments, school, T-ball, and busy life I was never consistent enough to actually get them set and stone. One of the things I wanted to do was a chore chart for Boston. I felt like he was more than ready for some structured chores and definitely old enough. I didn't do anything fancy, but can I just say it has been SO great having him do more around the house. He does a great job with his chores and actually enjoys doing them. I'm sure the reward that comes when they are finished helps a little. 

Here are what some of his chores look like...
Bedroom- He makes his bed, clears his floor and dresser off
Laundry- He takes all the dirty laundry baskets from each room and organizes the clothes into whites, colored, towels, etc. in the laundry room baskets.
Bathroom- I give him this chore on the days I clean bathrooms and he gets right in there and does everything with me.
Shoes- He puts all the random shoes laying around the house back where they belong
Eating- He has to eat his meal with NO complaining and quick. Yes this is a chore (more for me though)
Reading- Spends 15 minutes sitting on his bed "reading"
Toys- He cleans up all his toys around the house

It definitely took some teaching for him to get the hang of it. Now all I have to do is tell him to do his chores and he goes right to his chart and does them himself. When he is finished he puts his "all done" ticket next to the chore picture and we pay him 25 cents each day. If he has extra good "Beehavior" and finds a Bee on his chart at the end of the day he gets an extra quarter. He is loving dollars these days so getting four quarters is a lot of motivation to turn them in for a dollar.

2 comments:

Ryan and Jamie Sharp said...

Is Cohen old enough? Haha

Tara said...

Sooo impressed! I am telling Ryan all about it :)