Thursday, December 13, 2012

TWO!!!!

Dear Carter,

I can't believe you are two years old! Although the last two years have been long and tough they seem to have flown by. Your Daddy and I were joking the other day that your adjusted age shouldn't be 20 months it should be 10 years! You have gone through more in the past two years than most do in ten or more. You are one tough cookie that's for sure. 
 Have I mentioned lately how stubborn you have become? You like things a certain way and make sure to let it be known. Take walking for instance.... I am certain you could walk on your own if you weren't so stubborn. You go limp at the sight of your walker and ever since getting your braces you only want to walk holding onto two fingers, not one, but two. The other day we tricked you into taking a couple steps on your own. You would have thought we had told you some terrible news by the way you looked at us. You sure can do a pretty good stink eye. Other things you can do but choose not to are pulling yourself to standing, balancing, and cruising along furniture. You have done them all before, but for whatever reason your holding out on really doing it. We know you will when your ready, because that's just how you roll. 
 You have the greatest smile! We haven't seen it as much in the past couple months as we used to and boy are we looking forward to it making it's full time comeback. I don't blame you though, you have certainly been through the ringer lately. There are so many things you do that make us smile though. We LOVE when you "talk" to us. You have the best whisper/growl for a voice and some days you use it a lot and we love it. Also the way that you are happily trying most foods these days is pretty awesome. We have definitely passed the aversion stage of texture and what not, but boy are we in for it when it comes to actually swallowing the food. When you are finished eating it looks as if five toddlers were eating with you. SO messy!!! Good thing Mom enjoys sweeping, because I sure do it a lot. The whole feeding thing is going to be a long battle, but we know you will get it!
 O the cheeks! I LOVE em! Can you tell how much you love me smootchin' them? Thanks for letting me do it all day long, because really I can't resist they are so yummy! You have become quite the Mommas boy lately. If stubbornness weren't the reason for you not walking then the fact that you live on  my hip definitely is. You are so nice to lay your head on my shoulder and give me some pretty darn good snuggles. You are definitely following the route your big brother did and getting more snugly the older you get. 
 Speaking of your older brother you are a big fan of him. Thank goodness he is so patient with you because you have definitely become the annoying little brother. You love to go and sit on top of whatever he is doing or break whatever he has made. It's funny and sad all at the same time. You guys are the best wrestling partners and make a pretty good mess making team.  
 I love this picture of you and Daddy! I am pretty sure your favorite part of the day is when he gets home from work. The second you hear the door alarm you make a mad crawling dash to the front door. You love to do tricks and wrestle with Daddy. I think you know he is a softy and I'm pretty sure you take advantage of it all you can. I don't blame you though... in fact I love it because whatever it is you are trying to get it usually comes with some pretty awesome smiles. Your Daddy loves you so much! He worries so much about providing you and your brother with the best and works so hard to give you guys a great life! I hope you always know how lucky you are to have him as your Dad. He's the best if you ask me!
 Why so serious? I can't not mention how big of a pill you were when taking these pictures. You wanted to do nothing but walk around. Good thing Nikki is so awesome, because you didn't give her much to work with. This is totally your I know what I want look and I'm going to figure out a way to get it. Figuring out what you want takes a lot of patience on your part these days. You have times where you get really frustrated that you cant communicate and it breaks our hearts. We spend a lot of time during the day following your pointed finger around the house to find out exactly what it is you want. Thank goodness you have taken more interest in signing these days it has been a big help and makes you pretty happy that you can communicate a little. 
 One of my favorite things about you right now is definitely your dance moves. If you hear any music you start waving your arms and shaking your body. It's pretty much THE cutest thing ever! I can always count on you to make me smile when I'm driving. All I have to do is turn on the music and peak at you in the rear view mirror and you are sure to be groovin'. You are loving cars these days. Specifically monster trucks! You are also a ball lover and have made throwing balls a very serious matter. Your wind up is pretty intense! You love to play catch with Daddy and Boston, but neither you or Boston like to take turns so it usually doesn't last very long. Another favorite thing of yours is finding marbles (how do you always find them?!?!) and throwing them on the tile floor and watching them bounce all over the place. You LOVE to be outside! You grab my fingers and walk to the door multiple times a day. Mostly you just love to walk up and down the stairs. We make lots of walks to the street and back almost every day. 
 Carter boy I hope you know what a special boy you are. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for letting me be your Mom. Some days I get down on myself that I don't do a good job or that I could do a better job, but know this I love you so much and I am doing the best I can. Thank you for all you have taught me. Over the last two years I have Learned more patience, how to appreciate the little things, to slow down, to give more thanks, the have more faith, to love deeper, to trust in my Heavenly Father and His timing, and how precious life really is. Thank You!
 I always say every body needs a Boston and Carter. It's true you boys are my everything. Your Daddy and I sure are crazy about you.

I am so blessed to be your Momma.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! What a tribute to a wonderful little boy. We love you and him and your whole family. So glad that the sleep study is over and we will be waiting to hear the news on Monday. You are an amazing momma with an amazing gift for writing and for so many other things. Talk to you soon -

Anonymous said...

He's the cutest little guy! Happy birthday to him!

Click here to enter my Shabby Apple 50$ gift card giveaway!

Rachel said...

So sweet, Teresa! I loved that post. What a sweet boy. We just love Carter over here, well, Boston and Carter.