Friday, January 18, 2013

new years day half marathon

 since this is as crazy as our new years eve got wedont have much to document. i can't remember if trav and i even made it till midnight. if we did i'm sure we gave each other a kiss and probably passed out two minutes later.
 on new years day i ran a half marathon with my friend shayla. i said after the last one that i would never do it again. the thing with these races is that they are fun, but the training is not. this time around i didn't do much training besides the long runs on saturdays. shayla and i would meet at the park early in the morning and freeze our butts off while we ran. i am so glad we started running together otherwise i would have never got my runs in. besides it is good for me to run with people its easier on my head games. 
 it was SO cold the morning of the run. i thought my hands were going to fall of the first couple miles not to mention my legs. 
 i think the race over all was harder this time on my body because it was so cold my body could never really get warmed up. towards the end it almost was worse when we would take a walking break because then we would feel how bad our legs were. 
 trav and boston were good sports and came out to watch us finish. boston always loves to run across the finish lines with me. when we got in the car to go home he told me he was "so so proud" of me. probably the cutest thing ever. i finished in 2hours 20 minutes i think. all i wanted was to beat my last time and i did it by 9 minutes. i was so much more sore this time around. the next day i walked like a 90 year old women. 
people keep telling me that i caught the "running bug" and i am here to tell you that i most definitely Haven. i do not enjoy running, but with what we have going on it is something that i can do. i miss going to my classes at the gym. i seriously dream about the day that i can take carter to the gym with me. the races are fun and always feel good to finish. 

here's to 2013. my only health goal this year is to make healthier choices. i don't do good when i set crazy rules like no ice cream ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.