Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Little Stinker

Carter is quite the stinker these days. He is getting more and more stubborn every day. I keep telling myself that it is a good thing, but I can't quite convince myself it actually is. Ha.
 This is Carter's Mickey Button (feeding tube) that bubble part in inside his stomach and keeps the button in place and we hook the pump up to the top hole. It is weird if Carter actually wakes up with his trach in these days. He pulls it out WAY too many times during the day that it doesn't even surprise us any more. I was talking to a friend at target and during our conversation he pulled it out and handed it to me. I didn't even think about it and just kept on talking and put it back in. She looked at me and said "So I'm guessing this is a very normal thing nowadays" I didn't even realize what he had done. Thankfully he is really good about just handing it to me so it doesn't get all dirty. 
Some thing that isn't normal is for him to pull his button out. It hurts my stomach thinking about that big bubble being pulled out the tiny hole in his belly. So when we went in to get him from his nap and he was holding both his trach and button we decided to document him with no foreign objects on. He didn't seem to be bothered by the pain of that thing coming out. He is too tough. 

2 comments:

Rene said...

Love that boy! We're just learned about Mickey buttons and I kept thinking about Carter. That boy amazes me!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pic of Carter with no trach and no Mickey button!!!!!! Cathy