Friday, April 19, 2013

Utah

We had so much fin while we were in Utah. Despite everyone getting some nasty stomach bug and me getting adult bacterial croup (who knew there was such a thing) we were able to fit in some very fun activities. 
Of course we had to make the Cafe Rio stop. Just as yummy as I remembered it always being. 
 One night we got all my side of the family together for a light dinner and egg hunt for the kids. I haven't seen my cousins forever and it was SO fun to see them!

 We went bowling and of course the boys loved it. Not sure how it happened, but I am terrible at bowling now. I used to at least be decent. 

 We met up with Travs Aunts and cousin for lunch at noodles. I seriously married into the best family! Boston and Cooper made fast friends it was so cute!

 Boston LOVED my Brothers kitty Mabel and frequently asked me to take pictures with her. Poor kitty spent a lot of time locked in the basement due to a lot of us being allergic to her. 
 I got together with some High School friends. It was SO good to catch up and see everyone. I haven't seen most of them for years so it was fun to chat in real life instead of Instagram. Between the nine of us we have twenty two kids and two more on the way. CRAZY!
 Boston and Carter loved this little swing thing at the park. 
 One thing I really wanted to do while we were there was spend time outside. We went on a gorgeous walk one night. 
 After the stomach bug and before the croup set in we hiked the Y. I can't believe I have never done it before. After the first 50 feet Boston was already complaining of tired legs. Maybe it was a little much for him, but he sure loved being up top. My thighs didn't love the burn they got from giving him a piggy back on the way back. Ouch!
 We met up with my cousins and their girls to go to the dinosaur museum. The boys loved it and had so much fun at all the exhibits. Boston was lucky enough that both Uncles got really into helping him build a cool island in the sand and water area. 
 On Saturday I felt like I was on my death bed and knew there was no way I was going to make it out of the house. My Mom, Kels, and Brienne braved Salt Lake with the kids. I love this pic the boys face are classic. 
 Boston loved spending time with Uncle Kels and especially when they got to go fishing. 
After Utah my Mom drove with us to Arizona where we had to say our painful goodbyes. I knew it would be hard, but holy cow Boston literally broke my heart. He was saying the saddest things. He has spent lots of one on one time with her while I was with Carter at appointments and what not. I thought maybe a call to Daddy would help. Trav told him he loved him and Boston replied "I love you too Daddy, but I love Grandma more right now" and started bawling all over again. Somehow we will survive without here, but there is NO way we could have the last two years. Having her close by was an answer to many prayers. Heavenly Father set out a specific plan for her to be in Texas and there is no doubt the timing of Carter was a huge part of it. 

No comments: